Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 09:05 PM

3 posts, read 3,221 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

We are relocating to the area in a month and we will be renting for the first few years. I have read on the forum that we should avoid the south/southeast Raleigh area. I found a really nice home for rent in the Dowling Ridge neighborhood. Can anyone tell me anything about it? It looks like it is in the southern part of Raleigh (outside of 440).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,095,423 times
Where are you moving from and what attracted you to this particular neighborhood?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 AM

We are moving from Florida because of a job transfer. All I know about the neighborhood is that there ia rental home available that looks really nice. I've only seen photos of it online. We are coming up next week to pick out a house and I wanted to see if the area was decent or if I should just cross that house off the list.

Thank you!!

Old 05-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygold View Post
We are moving from Florida because of a job transfer. All I know about the neighborhood is that there ia rental home available that looks really nice. I've only seen photos of it online. We are coming up next week to pick out a house and I wanted to see if the area was decent or if I should just cross that house off the list.

Thank you!!
Is the job somewhere close to the house? I ask because there is a good deal of sprawl around here.

As far as I can tell, there are some Habitat for Humanity homes there in Dowling Ridge. I dunno if that would shy you away from the area or not?

Do you have kids in school? If so, the schools (except Enloe High) would concern me.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Oh! I just saw a 4br home for rent for 1100 a month. I'll bet you could find other homes around that price point that may be in more desirable neighborhoods.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 PM

Meh -- You are a WONDERFUL human being! That is exactly the information I was trying to figure out. I'll be working on Salisbury Street near the Public Safety building in Raleigh. I don't work normal people hours though so rush hour traffic isn't going to be an issue. I have a three year old so the quality of preschool and elementary schools are important. I'll just keep looking....it is so tough to do this from a distance! If you have any neighborhood recommendations....let me know!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygold View Post
Meh -- You are a WONDERFUL human being! That is exactly the information I was trying to figure out. I'll be working on Salisbury Street near the Public Safety building in Raleigh. I don't work normal people hours though so rush hour traffic isn't going to be an issue. I have a three year old so the quality of preschool and elementary schools are important. I'll just keep looking....it is so tough to do this from a distance! If you have any neighborhood recommendations....let me know!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!
Gimme your budget (max and preferred). Tell me what amenities you'd like. I'll find something.

I've lived here all my life, save a stint of 2 years in the Chicago suburbs in the late eighties. I won't steer you wrong.

Full disclosure: I live in Cary. I have lived in several areas of Raleigh, Wake Forest/Rolesville, and even Knightdale. I've been around the area.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:10 PM

ps. Feel free to send me a PM. I can recommend areas all around the Triangle that would be a decent commute AND a good area for schools, as you're not sure how long you will rent.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 AM

15 posts, read 26,193 times
Hi your responses are great help. I'm considering moving my animation lab to the triangle area. I teach (mainly kids 9 - 16) animation, 3d modeling and digital painting. It would be great to have a studio space inside my house. I was interested in going down to look at triangle areas but any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm also a little apprehensive about crime. Any comments on that? Thanks again.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-11-2011 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: No self-promotion / no links from new members

Old 05-11-2011, 06:21 AM

Crime, in general, is fairly low in the Triangle. This is particularly noticeable if one relocates here from a larger metropolitan area.

That's not to say we don't have pockets of it, areas with higher crime rates than the norm for the region.

Any particular places you're interested in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary