Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 10,510 times

Advertisements

Need some help in deciding

Relocated to Cary, NC recently.Planning to buy a home in RTP(West cary,Morrisville,Raleigh). Looking for decent resale when i sell after approx 10years. Experts, please help me to choose area and suggest good neighborhood in RTP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Cyrstal ball is foggy, particularly 10 years out.
FWIW:

Preston.
The country club and golf won't be going anywhere.
Be modest in purchase.

Cameron Pond.
540 and powerlines will be old news, but many sellers are still feeling them.
Be smart in picking a location.

Fieldstone Village is more affordable, and well located. Slightly older homes.

If you think the buying public will again lean toward slightly larger lots in 10 years, you might look in The Reserve.

Look at new construction inventory homes, and particularly at end of quarter or EOY for closing. Deal time.

It is all about the opportunity with the specific home.
Be very cautious regarding compromised locations, i.e., powerlines, steep driveways, backing to a busy street or the community pool, flood plains, etc.
Those are "mistake homes," and many people are taking a huge hit on their mistakes. I think it will be hard to justify an easy sale for some time. If you fall in love with a mistake, you have to have a huge discount to compensate for the deficiency.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 PM

Thanks MikeJaquish,

I see many of the communities (including new), are close to 540 parkway (providence, Evans park, Highcroft, bellemount, Cameron park, Hilliard forest). Not sure the noise level in future when 540 traffic is opened , How far it's better to stay away from 540?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:54 AM

Friends &, Experts , can you provide some suggestions /share your opinions.?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:47 PM

513 posts, read 1,605,368 times
If you want to hear the noise just stand in providence place. I dont think the toll porion will be nearly as busy as that section. I dont think the noise is that bad.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:35 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgweb View Post
Friends &, Experts , can you provide some suggestions /share your opinions.?
What price point are you looking for? That will help loads!

Do you want slightly new, brand new or older?

House, townhouse?

That should help enough to give you a few more neighborhood suggestions.

Vicki

Old 05-14-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
What price point are you looking for? That will help loads!

Do you want slightly new, brand new or older?

House, townhouse?

That should help enough to give you a few more neighborhood suggestions.

Vicki
New single family home and about 325K

Old 05-14-2011, 05:16 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
That makes it easier!

These are all in Wake County: Kitts Creek, Providence Place, Town Hall Commons, Twin Lakes, Bellemont. There is a brand new n'hood by KB Homes called Philip's Place.

Remember...the onsite agent works for the builder. You should always tell the onsite agent you have a buyer's agent if you can't take your agent with you.

There are some n'hoods in Durham but close to RTP, that might suit you, as well.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary