Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:38 AM

276 posts, read 647,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
I thought Baba Grille was kind of horrible, personally :\
Ugh. Agreed. My husband loved that place, but I always thought the service was terrible and the food was just so-so. I'll definitely check Aladdin's out though -- any idea if it is related to the now-gone Aladdin's that used to be on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:17 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,063,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsbells View Post
Ugh. Agreed. My husband loved that place, but I always thought the service was terrible and the food was just so-so. I'll definitely check Aladdin's out though -- any idea if it is related to the now-gone Aladdin's that used to be on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill?
Not sure about the CH location, but it is a chain - they have another location in Sutton Square in N Raleigh.

Frank

Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM

154 posts, read 389,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
I just realized that I was thinking of a totally different place. Chakras is Indian, it just opened on the WalMart side. Anyone been yet?
Been there once. It's a counter service place. They had a deal for a chicken entree plus rice, two lentil sides and a drink for about $10. I thought it was pretty good, a lot of food and good level of spiciness, but admittedly I wouldn't know good Indian food from so-so.

Also, Jumpin Johnny's apparently moved their operation into The Diner in the Glenwood South area downtown. They had good food but it is such a pain to cross Glenwood to get to that shopping center.

flamtap

Old 06-02-2011, 02:18 PM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,492,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamtap View Post
Which Wich is going in across from the BB&T, next to Champa. I don't know what used to be there.

There is work going on (finally) in the ex-Salsarita's location which will become Qdoba.

Camille's turned into Noodles & Co. which has been open for a while.

I don't know what's going into the UNO spot.

Nice to have more choices to walk to. Jason's is good but not 2 or 3 times a week!

flamtap
Pretty sure it used to be an AT&T reseller, and when AT&T put their own store in Brier Creek, they pushed them out. Good thing to, as when we went in, they were kind of clueless about everything.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 PM

2,904 posts, read 5,911,424 times
You guys in Brier Creek have the lion's share of choices for food and whatnot, but damned if it doesn't take me 15 minutes to travel a mile in any direction unless it's WAY off hours. It's faster to drive from north Raleigh to Brier Creek than to drive around WITHIN Brier Creek at many times of day!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:48 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,492,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
You guys in Brier Creek have the lion's share of choices for food and whatnot, but damned if it doesn't take me 15 minutes to travel a mile in any direction unless it's WAY off hours. It's faster to drive from north Raleigh to Brier Creek than to drive around WITHIN Brier Creek at many times of day!
I never have a problem at all getting around Brier Creek. Going back and forth between the sides of 70 even. I just don't use the main first turns on any of them and never have had a problem. For instance if I wanted to go to the stuff on the Target side and was coming from N. Raleigh I get off on the Lumley exit and don't use the 70 exit at all (although I live down the road on 70 in Durham so I don't have to do that much, but coming from work I do).

Old 06-03-2011, 06:54 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Brier Creek itself is a PITA to drive in. The parking lot is extremely ill designed.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:21 PM

285 posts, read 835,123 times
Looks like Triangle Business Journal has cleared this up today:

New restaurants at Brier Creek | Triangle Business Journal

Old 06-03-2011, 01:58 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,143,985 times
Another Japanese/sushi place. I give it 6 months before they are closed. there is way to much of the same thing.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,810,755 times
I know, there are a bunch of similar ones very close by:

Hibachi 101
Pei Wei
Fujisan Japanese Steak
Champa Thai & Sushi
Tasu Sushi Bar Asian Bistro

All within maybe 2 a minute drive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary