U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 AM

70 posts, read 162,282 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering if anyone has heard when the WCPSS hiring freeze will be lifted? Or is it not being lifted this year? Also, can you submit a resume/application even though the hiring freeze is still in place? Or do you have to wait until it has been lifted?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 08:09 AM

374 posts, read 1,135,003 times
I am guessing the hiring freeze will be lifted once the budget gets all sorted out and they know how much money they will be getting. If your looking for a teacher position usually right before school starts is when they start hiring teachers since that is when they get a good estimate of how many kids will be attending each school.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 AM

21,890 posts, read 33,523,157 times
All the info you need is on www.wcpss.net - and it's updated continually. Click on "jobs" on the banner across the top.

As of today teachers are still on a hiring freeze. Some schools have let teachers go that are on a continuing contract and they HAVE to place those teachers in jobs first.

Like pp mentioned, schools hire right thru September as they get a better handle on how many students they will have. That's how my sister originally got her teaching job here....her principal got 2 students in September and was able to hire another teacher. Strange but true, those students put him over a certain number he needed for more staffing.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I am just wondering if I can submit my resume now so that I can be considered for employment once the freeze has been lifted?

Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 PM

FYI, all of this is all pretty hypothetical at this point in time.

I'm just trying to figure out when it would be the best time to submit my resume. I'm trying to hit the WCPSS job market at the right time.

Working in WCPSS would be very close to my dream job! If anyone has any experience with applying to WCPSS and/or getting hired, I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me about it. Feel free to PM if you want.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 PM

82 posts, read 140,454 times
I got hired last year after the hiring freeze was lifted. I would go ahead and get all your paperwork into WCPSS and start sending out resumes asap! Last year they lifted the hiring freeze after the first week in June. Hopefully they will lift it soon! FWIW even if you get hired this year you will be on a terminating contract and back in the same boat next year wondering if you are going to get hired. I ended up accepting a job somewhere else because of that.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 PM

Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary