Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 02:01 PM

6 posts, read 10,256 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I know you guys hear this all the time but I just wanted to tell you all that I think this forum is extremely helpful! Thanks to all of you who give such good advice on so many different topics.
Ok, here is my situation: my husband and I are very seriously considering moving out to the Raleigh area next spring. He is in IT and I am in healthcare so all roads kind of lead to the RTP.
And no, we do not have jobs yet but we are going to start actively looking in a few months when our timeline gets more precise.
We are coming out to visit soon as neither one of us has ever been there and based on what we have read and heard, it looks like the Chapel Hill / Carrboro area is our scene.

We are going to stay in an apartment for a while until we figure out where we want to settle. I have seen some really nice apartments ($800 - 1000 a month for a 1bd and 1ba) to some apts which are a little... well, less nice.
Can anyone drop a few names of some decent places in areas where we could possibly walk or short drive to somewhere downtown or at least to some nightlife? I like what I have seen and heard about Chapel Hill but I understand that it is very expensive. On the other hand Carrboro seems to have a nice vibe to it too that could be our scene also.
As we are in I guess what you would call the "young professionals" category, I would like to rent in a complex without students (I don't want the noise) but not over the top expensive. I have seen some gorgeous places with the massive pools and state of the art gyms but I am afraid many of those are just too much for us. Our monthly rent budget is no more than 800 a month max.
I am also more than open to check out places in Raleigh and Durham or wherever.
I would like to have a short list of places to visit so that I am not running around wasting my time visiting complexes that are way out of my budget or more suited towards the student life.

I understand that I am being picky but I am really just more confused than anything.

Thanks again for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 04:06 PM

915 posts, read 2,382,383 times
There are lots of complexes in Durham that could meet your needs. In no particular order, some suggestions could be:

American Tobacco Campus (Old Bull Apartments and some others)
Golden Belt (only about 15 units and they typically have a long wait list)
West Village
Station 9

All of these complexes are less than a block to tons of nightlife, etc. There's also a lot of homes to be found for rent in Durham's urban neighborhoods. A couple of the larger property management firms include Bob Schmitz and Apple Realty.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:17 AM

6 posts, read 10,256 times
Thank you very much for this - it is really helpful.
Also, I see that I had put up another similar post so I apologize for that. It is my first time on this forum and I wasn't sure if it had gone through.

Thanks again! I appreciate all the advice I can get!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary