Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:15 AM

959 posts, read 4,492,893 times

Advertisements

Exactly Especially if it's yummy Mexican food

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Hey, if the eatery is willing to do "kids eat free", why not take advantage of it,

Simple...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 08:15 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,146,728 times
Restaurants also run coupon deals and "buy one get one free" as ways of generating additional business. There are people who think they should be able to use the coupon even though they lost it, or even though it isn't one of the days specified on the coupon. There are people with a bizarre sense of entitlement everywhere; it doesn't arrive or go away when they have kids. However restaurants still offer deals, coupons or "kids eat free", because in most cases it works to generate additional business. Restaurants have a lot of fixed expenses (rent, lights, a base level of staff) and most of these deals are geared towards non-peak days.

By the way, the Mama Fu's in the Arboretum (in the list above) has been closed for some time.

Last edited by J_Lurk; 08-07-2007 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 08-07-2007, 12:51 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
Johnson's in Youngsville (BBQ) is free for kids, not sure of age cut-off, but my two year old eats for free there. The adult prices are around $10. Great Sweet Tea
I don't know how everyone else feels, but how much can a two year old eat anyway? My daughter eats like a bird and she is 7. So, when there is a deal with reduced or free kids meals, I take advantage of it. My 10 year old, on the other hand, he would need two.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
Exactly Especially if it's yummy Mexican food
. hee hee. taco! taco!

I was also gonna add..seniors have been getting reduced rates forever on their purchased meals, and granted they might get a lesser food amount, but now a days they give ya too much food anyway!!!! So it is something that really works both for the people and the business.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:23 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,217,794 times
If the restaurant is running the kids eat free promotion, then I feel no guilt about going-they wouldn't run it if they didn't want folks to come, right?

I do always make sure to tip the server on what would be the full amount-for example, if the bill is $30, instead of $40, because of the free deal, I figure the tip on the $40. I always take good care of servers who serve my family-there are a lot of us and I want to leave a positive impression of large families.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 PM

190 posts, read 575,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
If the restaurant is running the kids eat free promotion, then I feel no guilt about going-they wouldn't run it if they didn't want folks to come, right?

I do always make sure to tip the server on what would be the full amount-for example, if the bill is $30, instead of $40, because of the free deal, I figure the tip on the $40. I always take good care of servers who serve my family-there are a lot of us and I want to leave a positive impression of large families.

Bless your heart....you actually get it. I wish there were more people like you around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary