Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,352 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at apartments and have been serisously considering Inman Park Apartments. The reviews I've read on apartments have been favorable for the most part. But I just read a pretty unfavorable review. But then I do find that that website tends to go towards the negetiave no matter what the apartment complex.

I'm posting on this board in the hopes to get some honest opinions (good or bad) on this apartment complex. I'm not thinking of things like hearing your neighbors every once in a while or minor isses. But if there is anything anyone can share I would really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 05:12 PM

310 posts, read 576,012 times
We lived there for 6 months while house hunting and were very satisfied. The couple minor maintenance issues we had were addressed promptly. The floor plan of the 2 bedroom we had was quite spacious. I believe we had the medium size 2 bedroom - about 1200 sq ft.

We used the gym fairly frequently and, while it wasn't excessively high end equipment, it was quite adequate.

We weren't looking forward to apartment living, but after being there for 6 months we really wouldn't have minded if we hadn't found a house and had to stay longer.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:22 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,030,533 times
I know a guy who lived there there and LOVED it. We were interested as well, but it was quite a bit higher than what we are paying so decided against it. If it was in our price range, it'd certainly be towards the top of the list.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:07 PM

79 posts, read 142,956 times
I lived at Inman for 6 months and rate it as a great experience overall. Clean, big and seemingly new apartments, great landscaping, friendly staff, fantastic pool, cool clubhouse with pool table, foos ball, small gym and a mini movie theatre with popcorn machine. They also have both charcoal and gas grills all over the complex. We were moving from a 4-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom apt for an interim step. We rented a garage below our unit for about $100 a month and it worked out perfectly.

Location is great too. After looking for houses all over the area, we landed in a house only a mile from Inman. The only downside for me was that we got hit with a couple hundred dollars upon moving out to replace the whole carpet. Granted, the kids did mark up a couple spots in the main room with crayons, but I thought full replacement was a bit overkill. However, we had a great 2-bedroom place for less than $750/month (with the deal at the time) so the cost of the carpet was no big deal for me in the overall view.

I would highly recommend Inman Park and if the need ever came up, I'd live there again without any reservations.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,352 times
Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it!

Old 06-20-2011, 12:50 PM

906 posts, read 2,383,331 times
My SIL has lived there for a few years now and is very happy.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:55 PM

61 posts, read 122,910 times
I've never lived there, but my house is less than a mile away from there, and I walk a lot throughout the entire Inman Park area. It looks like a nice and fairly quiet apartment complex. It's a great neighborhood, just outside the Beltline, 5 min from Crabtree Valley Mall, with convenient access to downtown Raleigh, RTP, airport, etc... If I were to sell my house and rent, it would be one of the first places I'd look into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary