Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,004 times

Advertisements

Hello I am a single mother looking to relocate to Raleigh from Az. How are the schools and the jobs for someone with a CDL license?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 PM

192 posts, read 312,690 times
Depends on what type of CDL you have. If you have a class C with a P endorsement you can apply to drive school buses. See their link:

WCPSS: School bus driver qualifications (http://www.wcpss.net/transportation/qualifications.html - broken link)

If you have a class A or class B you can apply at any of the citys trash collection or recyclable companies. See this link:

Waste Management – Trash Removal, Garbage Collection, Recycling and Dumpster Rentals

Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,004 times
I have a B with a P, S endorsements. I am looking to move sometime next year, I have been reading the post getting good feedback, however I do know the best things is to come out and visit. I moved from MD back to AZ do to cost of living, and HIGH CRIME Now Az crime and heat is just a little too much beside I want my children to be exposed to different cultures. I am undecided as far as what city to move Raleigh, Cary, Greensboro. Have no family down there just a couple of friends. So any feedback would be helpful

Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,085,858 times
Homes can be expensive here. For the most part, Cary is more expensive than Raleigh or Greensboro.

The heat and humidity are often pretty miserable here. I know AZ is super-hot, but it's often really humid here.

Instead of focusing on which city, I'd suggest you focus on applying for any jobs you see requiring your type of CDL. Check the ads to see where jobs are more likely to be.

If you can't find any, well, then, there you are.

If you do find a job, that's where you should move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truediva View Post
I have a B with a P, S endorsements. I am looking to move sometime next year, I have been reading the post getting good feedback, however I do know the best things is to come out and visit. I moved from MD back to AZ do to cost of living, and HIGH CRIME Now Az crime and heat is just a little too much beside I want my children to be exposed to different cultures. I am undecided as far as what city to move Raleigh, Cary, Greensboro. Have no family down there just a couple of friends. So any feedback would be helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary