U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:11 PM

107 posts, read 342,172 times

Advertisements

O.k. Ladies, I need you help. I just moved to Apex and so far no-one has been able to recommend a Good Hair Salon in either Apex Or Cary. I am looking for a place that does great hi lites and trendy haircuts .. I know there are bigger things to worry about in life , but a good haircut always makes a woman feel good. Have a great Labor Day weeekend..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2006, 06:19 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,592,133 times
I have never been there personally....but there is a small non-franchised hair salon off 55 near the corner of 55 and US 64---between the Fiddlestix gas station and the Goodwill, next to the Subway and Dry Cleaners. One of my friends goes there and loves it.

Stay away from the el cheapo hair cuttery near the Office Max on 55. They butchered my kids' hair so badly, I had to take them back to have it recut by someone else.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:39 AM

1,539 posts, read 5,321,387 times
I know of two great people,not in your area but sure worth the trip. Tammy is one in Durham, and Melody is one in Raleigh. If you want more info on these two, pm me and I will give you addresses and numbers.

Debbie

Old 09-02-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
I know of two great people,not in your area but sure worth the trip. Tammy is one in Durham, and Melody is one in Raleigh. If you want more info on these two, pm me and I will give you addresses and numbers.

Debbie
Thanks Debbie for your info.. Unfortunately I am chicken and dont know my way around yet so for my first venture, I need a little closer ..I do appreciate you writing though !

Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I have never been there personally....but there is a small non-franchised hair salon off 55 near the corner of 55 and US 64---between the Fiddlestix gas station and the Goodwill, next to the Subway and Dry Cleaners. One of my friends goes there and loves it.

Stay away from the el cheapo hair cuttery near the Office Max on 55. They butchered my kids' hair so badly, I had to take them back to have it recut by someone else.
Thaks for your input !! Is it possible to get the # from your friend and the name of the person she uses ?? It is nice and close to me !! You can pm me if you want.. Thanks again !

Old 10-14-2006, 04:26 PM

53 posts, read 200,256 times
The best hair salon I've found is on St. Mary's St. in Raleigh. It took me 3 yrs to find this great salon. It's called CHERRYBOMB STUDIO. Try Alexa for a great haircut. Their # is 919-755-0555.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,287,815 times
I also recommend Salon Kroma. I go to Callie the Raleigh location and have been very happy with her work. A friend of mine has said very good things about the Cary location as well.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:10 AM

718 posts, read 2,841,788 times
I use Salon Suzanne Marie in Apex (Harris Teeter Shopping Center off Hwy 55) Megan cuts and highlights my hair. I have a trendy haircut and color. I get compliments all the time. I did go to J&F Gemilli, but the color was never right and I felt rushed. Megan really takes her time and my color came out perfect the first time I went to her.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM

277 posts, read 759,415 times
Default I know the perfect place....

I go to Ulta in the Beaver Creek Shopping Center off HWY 55 in Apex.
See Sara Williams - she really knows her stuff.
You can get all spa treatments there and they have almost every line of skincare & make-up product too.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:25 PM

546 posts, read 1,591,511 times
I just saw tara over at Jay Andrews Aveda Salon In Beaver Creek in Apex. jay andrews salon & spa - an Aveda Lifestyle Salon in Apex, NC, 27502 - Salon and spa treatments in an upscale, tranquil salon environment.
She did a phenomanal job, and I'm extremely anal, being a stylist on sabbatical. Very personable, did what I asked, has a long term goal. hand massage and makeup touch up included in the price. $50 for a wash/cut/dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary