Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:17 PM

45 posts, read 159,698 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I just found this forum yesterday. My husband, daughter and I are relocating to the Raleigh area this summer because of my husband's job. This is the most active and helpful online forum that I have ever seen! I have been reading many of the threads about best neighborhoods to consider, etc, and will be posting again soon with my own questions. In the meantime, we are learning a TON from all of you. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM

106 posts, read 310,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumasInNC View Post
Hello everyone. I just found this forum yesterday. My husband, daughter and I are relocating to the Raleigh area this summer because of my husband's job. This is the most active and helpful online forum that I have ever seen! I have been reading many of the threads about best neighborhoods to consider, etc, and will be posting again soon with my own questions. In the meantime, we are learning a TON from all of you. Thanks!

Hello and welcome. I am new to nc myself and moved into granville county. I enjoy it. The neighbors are nice and area is quiet. Not to far from stores and enjoy the land we are on as well. people are kind here. Hoping to meet new friends which I will but in meantime, I am relaxed and loving it

Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome Angel_0037. Glad to hear that NC has been good to you thus far.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,787 times
Welcome aboard Puma;
I too am moving to Raleigh, as soon as possible. I see you are from Mexico City, is that where you are from originally? I have great friends that live there, he is a pilot from Aero Mexico.
Anyhow, keep us posted on your progress.
Adios!!
Liz

Old 04-02-2007, 03:24 PM

653 posts, read 2,987,583 times
Welcome, Puma!
I've said it before, I only wish City-Data had been around when we moved here!!

You'll get tons of great info searching the threads, and of course, if you have more questions, ask away! There are so many knowledgeable people on here willing to help out.

~Rebekah

Old 04-02-2007, 05:02 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,967,597 times
Quote:
I totally agree! I would be in the dark if it weren't for these guys so THANKS all

Old 04-02-2007, 07:14 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,950,071 times
Thumbs up Thanks NC!

Quote:
I am new as well, a few months here in Raleigh. This forum is the best. It is a wealth of information. Everyone is so helpful, I really enjoy reading and appreciate all who post and answer your questions. I have said this before, but will keep saying it, thanks NC!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:08 PM

Thanks to all for your warm welcome! Liz - I am not originally from Mexico City but my husband is. We live about 9 blocks from the house that he grew up in. We'll be moving to Cary in mid-July. It's going to be different living in a place where we have no family connections, but we're looking forward to making new friends in NC. The people we met when we were visiting there were all very friendly.

Saludos!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:59 AM

71 posts, read 309,731 times
Hi All ,

I have been using the forum for all kinds of information..I relocated from MA recently and I think this was one of my sources of information.
Thanks all a lot!! I really appreciate all of your time to write your opinion.It has been so helpful.

thanks again.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:47 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Welcome! Indeed, this is a great forum filled with just the best of folks! it's fast becoming my 'second home', my retreat, my entertainment and relaxation, my encyclopedia. It's easier to ask here than to google for stuff.
Makes one lazy. As for NC in general, I think you'll love that, too. It's full of the same kind of nice folks, and you'll make friends quickly.

Don't you all agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary