Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:32 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times

Advertisements

The main reason we stick with TWC is because we have four TV sets that are watched periodically at any given time of day and only one of them is HDTV that has an HDTV cable box while the others have no box.

Every time I start comparing prices with other providers and see how much extra I'll have to pay for each additional TV, then TWC always wins in the end even though other service providers may offer more channels. How much is it really worth paying each month just to watch TV....I mean really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 PM

75 posts, read 253,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
The main reason we stick with TWC is because we have four TV sets that are watched periodically at any given time of day and only one of them is HDTV that has an HDTV cable box while the others have no box.

Every time I start comparing prices with other providers and see how much extra I'll have to pay for each additional TV, then TWC always wins in the end even though other service providers may offer more channels. How much is it really worth paying each month just to watch TV....I mean really?
Yea thats the only kicker for Uverse. For every TV you wan't to watch TV on, you have to add another box which increase your bill $5-7 per box per month.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
Yea thats the only kicker for Uverse. For every TV you wan't to watch TV on, you have to add another box which increase your bill $5-7 per box per month.

Yeah, I had originally wanted the U100 package, which includes one receiver but NOT a DVR. To add on one DVR was $15 per month, or I could upgrade to U200 for $10 more per month and get the DVR. Stupid.

I can ignore the extra channels I don't need, but I work evenings and I can't live without the DVR or I'd never get to watch anything at all.

My consolation is that this is all much less expensive than what I had in....NY.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,408 times
I had to get TW cable installed at a community facility and it took 7 weeks. They had to "trench a new wire", which apparently took an act of congress. I prefer UVerse, which I have at my house.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:07 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
True for the satellite providers as well. What a racket. Every TV (made in the last 20+ yrs) is capable of tuning in the non-HD stations off of cable. If you have 6 TVs in your house, you have to pay an extra $30-40 months on a box for each of them.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,763,787 times
Thanks for your etiquette tip.

Still stand by every word of my post. Your op sounds like an unreasonable rant and I'm not the only one who feels that way judging by reps and other posts here. Maybe if you showed up to your appointment instead of just setting it, not following up, and dismissing the fact you just had this guy come out to your house for nothing, he would've helped you and gotten your install date moved up.

You reap what you sow, and you are inconsiderate, frankly. Good luck.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
I will say that AT&T seems to have some idiots working sales. I initially made an appointment for as close to my impending move as I could, because of a great promotion. Since my move was further away than the max number of days out you can book, I had to changed it when my move date got closer. Then my move date got delayed, so I had to do that same two-step booking again. Each time I changed it I got a different story about whether it would be changed, or if they canceled and remade a new order. I was sure that at some point they would lose my great deal, and only 2 of the 4 times did I get an email confirmation. However, the final time the sales guy tries to get me to have a trial of HBO, etc. for the same price. I'm like, well how much is it without that, and it's 10 bucks cheaper than my "great deal." So I say, let's do that. So the big day arrives, and the tech is great. However, a 2nd tech arrives looking to do the same thing. I explain that they must have double booked because of the change. Then I get a call for a 3rd guy who is planning to come. Then on Monday, a 4th tech is planning to come by. It's at this point that I realize my HD has never been activated. Another call to AT&T and I find out the last sales guy, with his 10 bucks cheaper rate, never bothered to include the HD package (for $10) in that rate he quoted me, despite it being on my original order. I felt like this was basically doomed. Despite all this, it's been over a week, and the Internet is fast and reliable, the TV is great and way easier/better looking interface, and it's literally half the price of TWC. I'm still dreading getting my first bill and seeing what they messed up, but I'm actually really satisfied despite all the initial headaches.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
No offense, but you should change your thread title. You wasted someone's time who was just doing their job (a very hard one), let them sell you but not get credit, then you're going to say "beware" because there is a 10 day wait to install a new svc? Really?

Not trying to beharsh here, but this is pretty ridiculous.
Personally, I don't think anyone should be doing anything to encourage such aggressive sales tactics. If you do, you'll be seeing a lot more of them. Personally, I would never do business with a company that uses that tactic.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:33 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
I will say that AT&T seems to have some idiots working sales. I initially made an appointment for as close to my impending move as I could, because of a great promotion. Since my move was further away than the max number of days out you can book, I had to changed it when my move date got closer. Then my move date got delayed, so I had to do that same two-step booking again. Each time I changed it I got a different story about whether it would be changed, or if they canceled and remade a new order. I was sure that at some point they would lose my great deal, and only 2 of the 4 times did I get an email confirmation. However, the final time the sales guy tries to get me to have a trial of HBO, etc. for the same price. I'm like, well how much is it without that, and it's 10 bucks cheaper than my "great deal." So I say, let's do that. So the big day arrives, and the tech is great. However, a 2nd tech arrives looking to do the same thing. I explain that they must have double booked because of the change. Then I get a call for a 3rd guy who is planning to come. Then on Monday, a 4th tech is planning to come by. It's at this point that I realize my HD has never been activated. Another call to AT&T and I find out the last sales guy, with his 10 bucks cheaper rate, never bothered to include the HD package (for $10) in that rate he quoted me, despite it being on my original order. I felt like this was basically doomed. Despite all this, it's been over a week, and the Internet is fast and reliable, the TV is great and way easier/better looking interface, and it's literally half the price of TWC. I'm still dreading getting my first bill and seeing what they messed up, but I'm actually really satisfied despite all the initial headaches.
Sounds like ATT sales hires TWC's support rejects....

Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
LOL! yeah TWC was just as terrible getting out as AT&T getting in... ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary