Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 6,591 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to the triangle area where my husband will work at RTP. We like the home styles and sense of community at both Briar Chapel in Chapel Hill and Bedford at Falls River, but wonder if one is preferable over another. Briar Chapel is in Chatham County with lower taxes, but we understand Wake County, where Bedford is, has better schools. Both seem to have indirect and potentially lengthy commutes to/from RTP, but we don't care for closer Morrisville and think Cary is overrated (I've had family there for years). Any other communities we should consider that offer newer craftsman style homes in the $300k-$400k range?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,503 times
We live in Bedford and love it. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the neighborhood.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 AM

54 posts, read 152,822 times
Hi there, we've purchased in Briar Chapel and they are putting final touches on our home now. We move in at the end of the month.

We did over a year f research and are very excited about Briar Chapel. FWIW, I am extremely school focused and spent a lot of time looking deeply at all the options in the Orange County and Chatham County area, and came to the conclusion that school fit is very individual. My older son (headed to college next year) would have been the perfect fit for Chapel Hill schools.....my daughter will be much happier at Northwood HS in Chatham County. I used to feel it was one size fits all and "the best was the best, end of story" but not anymore.

Message me if you'd like, and I'd be happy to tell you about my experience buying and building in Briar Chapel.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 6,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invent1 View Post
Hi there, we've purchased in Briar Chapel and they are putting final touches on our home now. We move in at the end of the month.

We did over a year f research and are very excited about Briar Chapel. FWIW, I am extremely school focused and spent a lot of time looking deeply at all the options in the Orange County and Chatham County area, and came to the conclusion that school fit is very individual. My older son (headed to college next year) would have been the perfect fit for Chapel Hill schools.....my daughter will be much happier at Northwood HS in Chatham County. I used to feel it was one size fits all and "the best was the best, end of story" but not anymore.

Message me if you'd like, and I'd be happy to tell you about my experience buying and building in Briar Chapel.
----------------------

Thanks so much for your insight. I'd love to know what other neighborhoods and sections of the Triangle you considered before settling upon Briar Chapel (did you look at Bedford?), and why you ultimately chose it. We, too, love it (and are current David Weekley homeowners), but know that it will be quite some time before the first phases are finished. I will be a stay-at-home-mom with a newborn and a 4-year-old and will want to quickly establish a community support system that I fear will be lacking in the near future. My two main concerns are proximity to conveniences (I'm not a big shopper, but expect to frequent Target and/or Walmart for basics) and sense of community.

I totally agree with your comments about schools and am a believer that you can get a good education just about anywhere if you apply yourself. That said, I'd be remiss not to make sure the Chatham County schools are high performing as my son will start school next August.

Again, anything you can add would be helpful as we make our decision.

I appreciate it!
Molly

Old 07-27-2011, 08:50 PM

54 posts, read 152,822 times
Molly.....this is Gina!!!

Too funny! Call me anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary