Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:25 PM

404 posts, read 2,612,170 times

Advertisements

anyoen have photos of the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,766 times
Default bad HOA

I would never live in Woodlawn unless you like corrupt people. I have many many videotapes and pictures of hundreds of convenant violations for which PPM ignores while picking on handicaped elderly residents.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:14 PM

3,292 posts, read 8,526,459 times
I live in a 2,000 sq house in Pemberton, which is the area right off of Westgate and Leesville roads. Our house was built in 1995 and was one of the first houses built when the whole Westgate area went up. We do not have an HOA (love that), but all the other houses outside of our 2 blocks do have an HOA. Anyway I love this area and I'm so happy we bought last year, since our house probably has gone up about $30k since then (Townhouse is NoVA has went down $100k since we sold last year).

The plane noise does not bother me at all and I really don't even notice it except for once or twice a day. It really is a total non-factor for me. The Restaurants around here are good, with several of our favorites being within 1 to 1.5 miles of our house (Ben's Place, Shiano's, Las Palmas, etc). Brier Creek is also only a short 3-4 mile drive away. My wife can get to her job in RTP in 15 minutes. The back entrance of the airport is 5 minutes away and I can get to downtown/Glenwood South in about 20-25 minutes most times of the day. I'm so glad we did a lot of research and settled on this area. I wanted to buy in a new Neighborhood off of Hwy-401 in NE Raleigh and my wife talked me out of it. I'm so glad she did. This area is so conveinent to everything and the neighborhood is first class, which is the most important factor IMO. I liked some of the new construction out there, but our neighborhood has mature trees and my backyard is SO private (which I love). My Neighbors have been super friendly and they are mostly all from the Northeast...lol

Oh and one more thing. The areas to the West of Westgate rd. are in the 27617 zip, but right across the street and to the North are in the 27613 zip code. When I first moved here last year the furniture delivery people didn't even have the 27617 zip code in their system, since it is fairly new within the last few years I believe.

Last edited by Waterboy526; 09-13-2007 at 04:00 PM..

Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 AM

43 posts, read 220,669 times
The amount of traffic and aircraft noise you’ll get in Woodlawn and Dominion Park can vary greatly depending on location. You’ll want to sit outside at that location and check it out for yourself.

Woodlawn is in the flight path of runway 23R which is the longest runway and gets the heaviest aircraft. Dominion Park is in the path of runway 23L, which is set farther back into the RDU property. That means aircraft headed for 23R tend to be a little bit lower when they pass over Woodland, compared to aircraft landing over Dominion. You’ll have to check it out.

If you work in the Brier Creek or RTP area, commuting is fairly quick. But there is a lot of traffic heading into Raleigh in the morning. The Leesville Rd. widening project won't go to the design phase until 2009. Between commuters, high school kids driving to school and the large volume of traffic generated by St. Francis Church and school, traffic is an issue in the area – its not unbearable, but has grown rapidly.

Construction on Sycamore Creek Elementary school at the corner of Leesville and Farless Rd. will begin shortly. No telling which neighborhoods will be assigned there.

All that said, we are very happy in NW Raleigh and I would recommend any of the previously named neighborhoods. It’s a nice location.

There are quite a few homes for sale in Dominion at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary