Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:59 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,749,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Two businesses? But what about parking? There may not be enough parking to make having two places there possible. As it is every since the RACK went in over on that side you can never find a parking spot.

This is way away from Nordstrom Rack. It is across the other road from PF Changs, in front of the Duke Clinic IIRC. If people are parking there to get to Rack, they are hard up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 11:28 AM

69 posts, read 177,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Kind of like tearing down a Hardee's to build a Burger King
At least it will be a Burger King with lots of TVs and cold beer and wings. Gives me an option that's half a mile from where I live to watch football games.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,917,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beane View Post
At least it will be a Burger King with lots of TVs and cold beer and wings. Gives me an option that's half a mile from where I live to watch football games.
That's a step in the right direction then. I love big TV's for viewing sports and ice cold beer. Just don't hurt yourself eating a big mess of those wings. They say they have enough salt and fat on them to kill a buffalo

Old 09-01-2011, 03:35 PM

450 posts, read 1,552,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Wow... from Johnny Carino's to Buffalo Wild Wings... truly scaling the culinary heights!!!!
People don't go to BWW for the cutting-edge food, they go there because there is a decent selection of beers, plenty of big-screen TVs playing all types of sports, and a friendly atmosphere. It's the same reason why people visit any other sports bar (like Chammps or Tobacco Road Sports Cafe). And, as bar food goes, BWW actually has some decent fare. I'd much rather go to BWW than Chammps, Chilis, or Carolina Ale House.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:48 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,049,484 times
I happen to like the Carino's at Brier Creek. It's not gourmet but it's reasonably priced semi-Italian food. I don't care for Fratello's. It may be authentic but the cream sauces are very heavy and the other food doesn't taste that great. At least at Southpoint you still have Maggiano's which I will admit is much better than Carino's and also more expensive.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 PM

257 posts, read 713,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogard13 View Post
And, as bar food goes, BWW actually has some decent fare. I'd much rather go to BWW than Chammps, Chilis, or Carolina Ale House.
Hopefully the BWW food quality varies by location, because the one time I tried some take-out (hot wings and southwest rolls) from the BWW in Knightdale, I ended up throwing at least half of it away, it was that disappointing. Chili's is nothing special and I haven't tried Champ's, but I'd easily take the Carolina Ale House food over BWW food any day.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:56 PM

5 posts, read 21,379 times
BWW has always been hit or miss with me. I think lots of other places have better wings but I will say that BWW has an awesome atmosphere for watching games. One of the best football games I've ever been to was actually the NCSU/ECU game in 2007. We travelled from Raleigh to Greenville to tailgate and actually enjoyed the game better in the restaurant! It was amazing.

But I doubt the BWW at South Point will ever be that exciting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary