Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:45 PM

10 posts, read 58,861 times

Advertisements

I moved from Texas a couple weeks ago and I kind of thought this was a mid 20s hot spot. Not so sure anymore. Can't find a good, i.e. large, singles ministry at a church. Any help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Did you mean to post this in the Texas forums?

Old 08-14-2007, 06:22 PM

10 posts, read 58,861 times
No, I moved from Dallas to Durham. Thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill1346 View Post
I moved from Texas a couple weeks ago and I kind of thought this was a mid 20s hot spot. Not so sure anymore. Can't find a good, i.e. large, singles ministry at a church. Any help?
Not sure about the good "singles ministry" locations but downtown Raleigh has some decent places to go to 'Flying Saucer" is one or go to Stool Pigeons or The Office.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill1346 View Post
Sorry, I got nothing for you except to say that I'm sorry you moved from Dallas to Durham and expected this place to be a mid 20s hot spot. I'm sure you know that Dallas has a number of "mega churches" where you can find a ton of what you're looking for. Hot spot, RDU is isn't. Good luck and just lower your expectations for this place and you won't be as disappointed.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:19 PM

123 posts, read 485,852 times
jhill, i don't know about durham but i have heard good things about the singles ministry at providence in raleigh. good luck!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 PM
9/9

383 posts, read 565,641 times
There are a number of places that I would recommend for meeting people in Durham, but none of them involve a ministry or church. Sorry.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:13 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,641,789 times
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but you can check out meetup.com to find some groups that have similar interests as you. I have no clue about a ministry, but there are lots of fun spots in downtown Raleigh, and I'm sure there are some things going on in Durham as well. I am 27 and there are plenty of things I've found to do, and I have met lots of people in my age range. But then again, I have always been mature for my age and don't mind hanging out with people a bit older than me as well.

I moved up here from one of the "party capitals" of the country (if not also the world), and find that the quality of the people I have met here while out at bars, etc. far exceeds the quality of people I met there while out in that city. I firmly believe that a lot depends on the people you surround yourself with and the activities you choose through which to meet those people.

Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:12 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
JHill, I think I know what you are looking for, but I'm not sure exactly where to find it here in NC. There aren't as many large, non-denominational "mega-churches" here as can be found in places like Dallas and Tulsa (and in my experience, those churches tend to have very active groups for 20-somethings). That doesn't mean you should give up hope. There are options here. You'll just have to do your homework & possibly "shop around" a bit to find the ministry that is best for you.

I found this old thread where people have listed some large churches in the area. Hopefully one of them will have what you're looking for.
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ga-church.html
Good luck!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,331 times
Default Singles Ministry in Southern Pines, south of Raleigh

http://www.gracechurchsp.org/graphics/header-grace2.jpg (broken link)

20 Something

The 20 Something Ministry, called 633, is a ministry of Grace Church that provides a place for young adults age to come together and study the word, worship, pray, and build Godly relationships. The emphasis of the group is to see all who are involved strengthen their walk with God and pursue the destiny that He has for their lives.
The ministry name, 633, was chosen from Matthew 6:33 which says “but seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all of these things will be given to you as well.” The heart of this group is to encourage one another to live out this verse and put God's kingdom and His desires ahead of everything else in our lives. So if you are looking to build some great Godly friendships and deepen your love for God, then this is the perfect place for you.
633 meets every Tuesday night at the home of one of its leaders. Please email Matt and Natalie Templeton at sixthirtythree@gmail.com for more details and for directions. The desire of our hearts, above all else, is to seek God's face; to make Jesus famous; and to carry His love.

With God's help ... we exist to "assure the doubter, comfort the seeker, grow the follower, and encourage the disciple."

© 2007 all rights reservedGrace Church - Southen Pines, NC

Sorry you have moved here to our state and heard such discouraging responses. This is a wonderful 20 something group just south of Raleigh. Maybe you wouldnt mind taking the drive. Hang in there and my prayers and hope that you will find what youare looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary