Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 PM

36 posts, read 144,448 times

Advertisements

My husband an I have been endlessly house hunting. We are looking primarily in Holly Springs, and then Fuquay-Varina or Apex. We love the Meadowview t Crooked Creek neighborhood and West Oaks. And would love to find more neighborhoods similar to these. We do not care so much about the age of the homes, but we would like a community pool and at least 0.5 acres. We are looking in the $200-300K range. Can anyone recommend other neighborhoods that meet these requirements? I really appreciate the input!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 10:31 PM

91 posts, read 308,961 times
Hi,

I think we need more info? Golf course or land more important? Size? Schools? Style of homes? There are currrently over 50 that match your requirements that you named, you might look at Fern Valley, Southern Trace, Glen Laurel, Adams Point, River Ridge, it is hard to know exactly what you are looking for...best of luck

Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,153,844 times
Default Maggie Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie79 View Post
My husband an I have been endlessly house hunting. We are looking primarily in Holly Springs, and then Fuquay-Varina or Apex. We love the Meadowview t Crooked Creek neighborhood and West Oaks. And would love to find more neighborhoods similar to these. We do not care so much about the age of the homes, but we would like a community pool and at least 0.5 acres. We are looking in the $200-300K range. Can anyone recommend other neighborhoods that meet these requirements? I really appreciate the input!!!
This subdivision is nice, on the border of HS and fuquay. They have a few homes just under 300 and with the things you want

Old 08-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Default More specific

We have no interest in a golf course. We would like a minimum of 1/2 acre lot size and a min. of 2000 sq feet house with 2 car garage. As I mentioned before, we would like it to be a neighborhood with a pool and younger families with children is a real plus. Ideally, I would find this in Holly Springs, but so far I've only found the two I mentioned in Fuquay-Varina. I really appreciate thee input.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 PM

281 posts, read 1,107,761 times
turner farms..very wooded..big lots and pool

Old 08-16-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Thanks....but

These neighborhoods that have been listed sound great, exactly what I'm looking for BUT they are in Garner and Clayton. I really need to stay near Holly Springs, Apex, or Fuquay-Varina because I'll be working in Holly Springs.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:34 PM

275 posts, read 1,114,301 times
You might just be able to get into Sunset Ridge for under $300k...theres two for $299k and $319k in our neighborhood...in your size range too. The good thing about the golf course is that its:

a: its not another house
b: you can take walks and enjoy it like a park
c: its the neighbor that always has the prettiest yard!
d: its not another house!

We are not members (much to my husbands dismay), but do love the being on the course. The pools here are incredible..but a little pricey. It is a WONDERFUL area for children...we have tons in our area...all growing up together.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,223,917 times
Bloomfield and Fern Valley come to mind.

Vicki

Old 08-19-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Thanks

I'm definitely going to check out Sunset Ridge. We looked in Bloomfield and loved it, but the HOA dues are ridiculous at $50/month....and for just a pool. We drove around Fern Valley and dismissed it for some reason, but now that I've seen so much, I can't remember why so we'll have to go check that out again as well.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:26 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,223,917 times
sunnie79, you are really limiting yourself when you ask for l/2 acre. If you could go for l/4 or even l/3, you may find more options. However, if that l/2 acre is of great importance, you'll have to go with the options that are available. Otherwise, I'd suggest you target the neighborhoods you like and just keep watching for a new home to come on the market.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary