Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,839,355 times

Advertisements

I have a 2004 saturn vue, V6, the one with the acura engine. It has 97k miles and drives like it did on day one. However.....I now have a problem that I need to figure out right now and need to take it for repairs after the storm.

First, I was just drivin thru the storm (Knightdale) and water started rapidly dripping from the roof area close to the center of the front passenger door window. Where the sticker is for the side impact bag. I pulled into a gas station within 3 minutes and immediately all my interior ceiling lights came on while the switches were in the off position, and they wouldn't go off. After a few minutes I was able to turn off the back lights. Now the front map lights won't turn off - they are the ones you tap on/off.

So, I figured for now i would pull the fuse - but which one? My problem...i recently moved and the manual is boxed away somewhere. I imagine the fuse map is in the manual - does anyone have one and can you tell me which fuse to pull? I see a fuse box in the front passenger area but each fuse has a # and no name on it. I went on line and found a forum where someone said it is Red 10...problem....there are many Red 10-'s in the fuse box.

I guess if I have to I will have to disconnect the battery? But I hate to do this with this impending weather.

Also, once I solve this problem...where should I take it to be looked at? Normally I would take it to the dealership ...I could take it to the old saturn dealership as the same folks still own the place the last I heard.
So, I have 2 problems, a leak of unknown origin...all areas look good and intact - from what I can see. And, now the water has seeped into the electrics. While it may dry out and be ok to drive to the dealership, I am not sure which one to take it to. I don't want to take it to an electric place first if I can help it as i know how expensive it is. While I can certainly afford to fix it, I don't want to start their first if I can fix the leak and the water will dry up in the electric area.

Sorry if I am rambling...it's been a terrible week for me of unbelievable stress and problems...and I haven't even put away my outside stuff ready for the winds nor gotten anything ready. It took me forever after work trying to gas up my car and get cash from the ATM.

Thanks for reading, I hope you all can give me some guidance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 06:05 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,229,364 times
http://www.saturn.com/assets/en/pdf/...42_2k04vue.pdf

Old 08-26-2011, 06:33 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,091,102 times
Try SaturnFans.com | The Saturn Authority for Saturn Enthusiasts. for tech help.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 PM

Thank you! I've been looking thru these, lots of good info..BlueComet...thx for the bookmarked page, I was able to find the diagram. I hope that tomorrow my car will start up, fingers crossed! I've been feeling so good that all this car has ever needed is the regular service, tires. I wanted to make it to 100k and to be able to say it needed nothing else. This might sound silly but i think it's pretty awesome

Old 08-27-2011, 07:40 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,051,147 times
I believe the old Saturn dealer in CH has closed, but the legacy Raleigh dealership on US1 remains open, same owner, but obviously a new name.
They've had some turnover but still do a lot of work on Saturn products so they would be a good bet.

Frank

Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM

Thanks, Frank! This is good to know, I will give them a call

Old 08-27-2011, 08:45 AM

3,286 posts, read 8,523,140 times
I used to own a 2006 saturn vue 3.5 with the Honda engine (great engine BTW). I now own an Outlook and my dealer is now Bobby Murray Chevy off of Capital Blvd (just inside the beltline). There are a few Chevy-GMC dealers in the Raleigh/Durham area that now will service your Saturn, but the post card that was sent to me informed me that Bobby Murray will now be my service dealer.

I have already taken my Outlook there for a recall that needed to be done (nothing serious) and they did a fantastic job. I work DT about 2 miles away, so it was super conveinent and they had a shuttle drop me off and pick me up at work.

Try Bobby Murray if it is more conveinent to you.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:10 AM

Thanks Waterboy, this is good to know! I had once received similar notice that said Hedricks in Durham (i bought my car from Chapel Hill/Durham) is the new dealership. But as i live in Knightdale.

Yes, awesome engine! I was told that Honda exchanged engines with GM when they were wanting GM truck engines for their ???truck and that was around the time I bought my car (oct 04). Sounds like they had enough engines for 2-3 yr models? The 260 hp surprised me! I once had a turbo volvo, V4, that flew just like the saturn...strange comparison I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary