Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:36 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,764,801 times

Advertisements

We should never let facts get in the way of a good Cary bashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 AM

43,249 posts, read 77,010,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
We should never let facts get in the way of a good Cary bashing.

Thanks for putting it all in perspective...

Old 08-16-2007, 08:41 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,147,923 times
Cary does become the butt of many attacks. Perhaps the "holier than thou" attitude there leaves them open to criticism.

As I see it, if my garage is insured by the Smith & Wesson agency, I can decide if it should be open or closed. Once saw a neat sign when I lived in a tacky part of Los Angeles, "No Trespassing - Survivors Will Be Prosecuted".

My Corolla is almost never locked. Nothing but a tire gauge to steal anyway.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM

3,301 posts, read 8,552,454 times
There are actually many areas of the country now that are making it illegal to leave your car running when you are not either in it or next to it (even in your own driveway). In Prince George's County, MD (very high crime suburb of D.C.) the Police have been issuing tickets to people that leave their cars running, even at their own home. I know they had a huge "crackdown" on this a couple of years ago when I was still living in the DC area.

I'm not saying I totally agree with what they did, but Police in that county were getting into way to many dangerous high speed persuits because people were leaving their cars running and they would get stolen. These persuits would often result in injury to the suspects (who cares) and the Police (unacceptable).

So there are reasons why you should not leave your car running or leave valuables in plain view..

Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,147,923 times
I agree. I never leave it running, only parked unlocked. Don't leave a GPS on the dash tempting fate.

Nothing in the car costs as much as replacing a broken window. When I had a garage, the only stuff worth stealing wasn't worth getting a case of lead poisoning for violating my property.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:14 AM

842 posts, read 3,228,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Cary does become the butt of many attacks. Perhaps the "holier than thou" attitude there leaves them open to criticism.
"Holier than thou"? Where do you see a "holier than thou" attitude coming from Cary? I guess the parks, greenways, landscaped streets, low taxes, good schools, etc... are designed to 'stick it to the rest of us' and make us look bad? Those bastards!

We all know you're secretly in love with Cary, saturnfan. That's the only explanation as to why you're always picking on them.

Moderator cut: rude flaming comment

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-16-2007 at 09:51 AM..

Old 08-16-2007, 09:37 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,691,253 times
Wow, I'm surprised this got as far as the media. Things happen like this in Cary everyday, they just usually don't let it get publicized.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:42 AM

842 posts, read 3,228,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Wow, I'm surprised this got as far as the media. Things happen like this in Cary everyday, they just usually don't let it get publicized.
If they usually don't get publicized, how do you know it happens in Cary everyday? Either you're a cop, or......hrm.....

Mind emptying your pockets?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,090,499 times
Hm..I think break ins probably happen around the entire triange area daily but are just genenerally not newsworthy anywhere unless someone is hurt.

If you get a copy of the Cary News on Wednesdays with the News and Observer, there is a police botter in it which basically lists all of the reported crimes committed in Cary for the week. I'd say 75% of them are home or car break ins with theft of items like wallets, Xboxes, Ipods, cell phones etc.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 AM

43,249 posts, read 77,010,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Hm..I think break ins probably happen around the entire triange area daily but are just genenerally not newsworthy anywhere unless someone is hurt.

If you get a copy of the Cary News on Wednesdays with the News and Observer, there is a police botter in it which basically lists all of the reported crimes committed in Cary for the week. I'd say 75% of them are home or car break ins with theft of items like wallets, Xboxes, Ipods, cell phones etc.
Good point.
But one poster told a different story, and now I feeeer for me beeeer!
LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary