Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,823,728 times

Advertisements

Yeh I hate that WTVD/ABC 11 one. Annoying.
I don't personally like the Tom Smith Ford guy. He was previously the spokesman for Crossroads Ford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:25 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,072 times
I find all commercials annoying so I DVR everything I want to watch and fast forward through the ads - problem solved!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,367 times
Pretty much anything with Tom Smith. Crossroads Ford (back in the day) to Lillington Ford. I think that guy has sold his soul a long time ago. Gives me the creeps to see him, and to hear him play on peoples emotions, their beliefs, and their faith. I get the impression he'll say anything to sell a car. (and the latest one, where he says "come here before you trade in your car", he has those fake-looking glasses, trying to act all "intellectual". Puh-leeeez!)

Yep, he's on the top of my list. I'd rather buy from the Badger. :-)

Old 08-29-2011, 05:41 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,927,154 times
Metal Man Roofing..."It's not your fault, it's the asphalt"

Old 08-29-2011, 05:43 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,927,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Pretty much anything with Tom Smith. Crossroads Ford (back in the day) to Lillington Ford. I think that guy has sold his soul a long time ago. Gives me the creeps to see him, and to hear him play on peoples emotions, their beliefs, and their faith. I get the impression he'll say anything to sell a car. (and the latest one, where he says "come here before you trade in your car", he has those fake-looking glasses, trying to act all "intellectual". Puh-leeeez!)

Yep, he's on the top of my list. I'd rather buy from the Badger. :-)
I wouldn't trust that sucker no farther than I can throw him

Old 08-29-2011, 06:49 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjoy View Post
I'm not too keen on the the Mark Johnson Toyota/Jackie Gleason commercial.
Mar Jacobson Toyota commercials have irritated me for years. I'm at least thankful that he changed the name of his dealership a few years back so he no longer has to weirdly pronounce "Toyota of Duwham."

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I don't get annoyed but I do get a little disturbed by the Neese's Suasage Commercials. Especially the ones about their Liver Pudding.
The commercial with the fat mom in the kitchen lecturing about liver pudding convinces me that I do not want to buy their product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I don't personally like the Tom Smith Ford guy. He was previously the spokesman for Crossroads Ford.
Oh Lord I couldn't stand the Tom Smith/Crossroads Ford commercials. On every one of them their sales pitch seemed to be "Well folks, we've screwed up again and really have no idea how to run this business, so we have way too many cars again." I know it was just a sales pitch, but basing your messaging on business incompetence does not make me want to do business with you.

I'll have to add to the list the Richard Petty commercials for Goody's headache powders.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:42 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
the Carolina Pottery Commercials make my skin crawl. "Wow you gotta see this place" with all the enthusiasm of a funeral director.

I think people who use family or local "talent" make a big mistake. It just seems so amateur and homemade.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 AM

821 posts, read 1,462,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Metal Man Roofing..."It's not your fault, it's the asphalt"
I so agree. My first thought when I saw this thread.
Marc Jacobson is a close second, but I had a bad experience there, so I'm a bit biased!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
the Carolina Pottery Commercials make my skin crawl. "Wow you gotta see this place" with all the enthusiasm of a funeral director.

I think people who use family or local "talent" make a big mistake. It just seems so amateur and homemade.
Me too....and most of the car dealer commercials.

The local talent cracks me up - I'm from Long Island...you should see some of those commercials.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:27 AM

735 posts, read 1,584,442 times
Fred Anderson Toyota/KIA
John Orcutt "FIGHT BACK FILE BANKRUPTCY"
Crossroads Ford
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary