Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 AM

75 posts, read 227,375 times

Advertisements

Does any one know if there is a bar/club in the Raleigh area that plays 80's Alternative/New Wave dance music (New Order, Depeche Mode, etc)?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 AM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
No, but there should be...

Old 08-29-2011, 12:16 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
No, but there should be...

Old 08-29-2011, 12:27 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,614 times
Lincoln Theatre Schedule

Scroll down to Sept. 30th (not to mention George Clinton on Friday, WOOHOOO).

The Breakfast Club
(80's Party Band)

w/ TBA

8PM Doors
9PM Show

The website provided on the Lincoln's schedule is wrong, use this one:
Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by their website
Welcome to the official website of The Breakfast Club, the most well respected, well traveled, longest established 80's music tribute band in the USA... and the group that started it all.

This is NOT some wig wearing, mall fashion version of an ‘80’s cover band, lip syncing to tracks while pretending to play an unplugged guitar. This is real hair, real 1980s clothes, real vocals, and real musical talent. The Breakfast Club is the real deal, performing live ‘80’s pop “better than the original artists” - Wilmington Star News. Formed in December 1993, The Breakfast Club was the very first tribute band of its kind in the country. Created by Jerry Finley, who has worked with such 80's music legends as The Romantics and The Hooters, the band continues to be the most requested and widely marketable 80's tribute band in the United States.The Breakfast Club guys have performed for movie stars, rock legends, some of the world's top corporations, and more than three million of the most amazing fans a band of any kind could ever hope for.

EDIT: Probably not the new-wave the OP is looking for, and definitely NOT my cup of tea, but I've got a coworker who raves about this band, and never misses a chance to see them. Apparently it is a good time, and lot's of familiar music for those of us who grew up in the 80s.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:04 PM

139 posts, read 260,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPmode View Post
Does any one know if there is a bar/club in the Raleigh area that plays 80's Alternative/New Wave dance music (New Order, Depeche Mode, etc)?

Thanks.
Underground in Chapel Hill.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chape...07374855949292

Can't speak for it as I've never been.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:12 PM

73 posts, read 295,154 times
Flex and Legends nightclubs in Raleigh might still have 80s/industrial nights. They are both gay clubs but those are the ones that have the best music

It's 50/50 gay straight on those nights - usally the off nights Mon-Tue-Wed. I haven't been in a WHILE

Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM

275 posts, read 396,857 times
The third Friday of every month is an '80s Night with DJ Mouse at Davenport and Winkleperry's in Pittsboro. It's not listed yet on their calendar, but check back in a week or so.

Davenport & Winkleperry

The drive out to Pittsboro, he drive might put some people off. But it's a very easy drive, especially if you live near Cary or Apex. The venue is very interesting. It's not your run-of-the-mill club.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:26 AM

6 posts, read 18,894 times
Hey I was Google for this same info. I will be up there at a conference in September. I can go out on a Wednesday night. Can someone tell me where to go for Alternative/Gothic/80's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary