Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 PM
B9X B9X started this thread

1 posts, read 2,391 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I'm (hopefully) relocating to Raleigh at the beginning of October. I'm going to be working 2-3 days in central Raleigh and probably 2-3 days in Wilson/Rocky Mount/Durham. I was looking to moving to the North Hills area. My last trip down I checked out several apartments there as well as a condo rental.

I checked out the (new?) Park & Market Apartments above the Harris Teeter on Saint Albans Drive. The place is extremely nice, very large, with a lot of amenities both in the complex and below in the surrounding shopping area & across the street as well. The downside is the price - roughly $1300 for a 1 BR apartment.

I also liked the North City 6 Apartments about 3 miles north on Six Forks Road. A little smaller, but still very nice. Similar in amenities to Park & Market - But further up the road, away from the shopping area in North Hills. The upside is I could get a larger 2 BR apartment for $1000.

I also took a look at a rental condo at 1401 Coopershill Drive, a couple miles south of Park & Market on Six Forks Road. A little off the beaten path, in what looks to be a little quieter area. This place would again be a 2 BR apartment for roughly $1000.

If anyone knows anyone who has rented at the above places, please let me know. I guess I'm looking for a little advice. Unfortunately, I'm not going to know a lot of people in the area when I first get there, which is why Park & Market seemed like an attractive place to live because it would give me a more 'social' setting. I'm a single guy and in my late 20s and it seems like an area with people in my similar situation. I could definitely afford the rent, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $3600 a year for the surrounding area (and less space) - I could get a similar looking yet larger place a few miles down the road.

If anyone has any words of wisdom, anecdotes, or help, I would appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 10:03 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,015,913 times
If I were spending that much on a one bedroom, I'd move downtown, in or near the Glenwood South area.
If you are hell bent on a more suburban environment and close to Interstates, I'd continue to look near North Hills or Crabtree.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 AM

8,158 posts, read 10,868,156 times
They say "you get what you pay for" The Park and Market looks pretty cool to me. I know that a lot of young folks live there with their pets. There was group of them just this morning out on one of the lawns exercising their dogs.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:38 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,194,191 times
Might want to look at The Manor on Six Forks As Well. It sounds like it is in the same range as what you mentioned. It is a little south of North Hills and a little closer to downtown Raleigh.

Manor Six Forks | Welcome | Apartments for Rent in Raleigh , NC

Old 09-01-2011, 07:40 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,014,507 times
If I had the money and those three choices, it would be Park and Market hands down. The other places are a little cheaper, but you have to drive anywhere you want to go. I think lots of people dream of living somewhere that you can walk to almost anything you need... but most of us can't do it due to family, money, practicality, etc. So live out our dreams for us!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary