Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 01:54 PM

17 posts, read 31,999 times

Advertisements

We are looking to list our house as a short term rental when the current tenants move out. I have talked to a couple of relocation companies, but they typically deal with people who are looking for leases of a year or more. If you have had a good experience with a company that helped to find shorter term tenants please share their contact information with me. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM

862 posts, read 3,549,335 times
I think it may be better to find the tenants yourself through craigslist, newspapers, etc. There are plenty of people who come on C-D looking for such short leases, so there is a need. The management companies want to do year leases because that's where the most money is. They'd have to do the same amount of work for a smaller return with a short term lease. It's not worth it for their bottom line.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 AM

7 posts, read 21,829 times
There are property management companies that will list for the period that you want. You can definitely list it on Craigslist or in the newspaper as well.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:53 PM

The one thing I am worried about with Craigslist is the whole "vetting" process. Will the management companies have an idea what to look for in terms of credit scores, job stability, etc? I am concerned that finding a tenant myself might end up with me making the wrong choice.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:03 PM

100 posts, read 289,473 times
We use a service called Tenant Verification Service. They have been very helpful to us in uncovering some helpful information and avoid potentially problematic tenants. Also, we are very diligent about checking references and googling business names to check for matching names and numbers. That way you make sure you are actually talking to their employer or former landlord and not their friend who is just trying to help out their friend. Tenant Screening | Tenant Screening Check | USA Tenant Screening

Old 09-14-2011, 04:17 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
I used to work for a company in Raleigh that was often looking for short-term rentals for Japanese clients they had that needed temporary housing while working on projects in RTP. If your house is close to RTP that might work for you. Only problem is they're not a rental agency but more like a relocation services company that hooks up clients with rentals or hotels.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. One thing I should have done first is check with my realtor. I didn't realize that his company can offer the listing for rent as well. I appreciate all the great advice!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I used to work for a company in Raleigh that was often looking for short-term rentals for Japanese clients they had that needed temporary housing while working on projects in RTP. If your house is close to RTP that might work for you. Only problem is they're not a rental agency but more like a relocation services company that hooks up clients with rentals or hotels.
Would you be able to put me in touch with this company? We are looking for someone to do a lease takeover for a luxury apartment in Cary off Harrison Avenue (less than 10 minutes to RTP). There are 8 months left on the lease. Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary