U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:10 PM

17 posts, read 30,506 times

Advertisements

Since moving to the Triangle several years ago from the Northeast, my husband and I have met only a few Italians and Italian-Americans. We looked into the Italian groups that are around, but most meetings and events are focused in Raleigh, which is a bit of a drive for us. I would like to create a group to host events in our part of the county.

I am trying to start a group for Italians, Italian-Americans, and those just interested in Italian heritage. It will be a local chapter of a national organization. The group will be based in southern Wake and possibly include folks from Harnett County, so meetings and gatherings would be held in Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, etc. So far, the interested people I have talked to are professionals in their 30's and 40's, though the group is open to all ages and backgrounds. My goal is to create a group that holds social and charity events focused on Italian food, language, and culture, and perhaps offer family get-togethers for parents who are trying to teach their children Italian.

If you are interested in being part of this group, please send me a private message and we can discuss details.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 06:51 AM

1,539 posts, read 5,361,822 times
That sounds awesome. My boyfriend Sal is all Italian and though my last name is Italian that was by my past husband. I am french myself. Where di you move from? Sal is from NY originally and I am from CT. Sal loves to cook and I was thinking of getting a group together that might want to meet once a month like a gourmet group. Just a thought. Where di you end up moving to? I hope more people respond. I have clients from this forum that areall Italian and own the coffee shop in Mebane. She is on this forum still alot so maybe she'll see your post :-)

Old 09-20-2011, 12:07 PM

596 posts, read 1,177,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basalg View Post
since moving to the triangle several years ago from the northeast, my husband and i have met only a few italians and italian-americans. We looked into the italian groups that are around, but most meetings and events are focused in raleigh, which is a bit of a drive for us. I would like to create a group to host events in our part of the county.

I am trying to start a group for italians, italian-americans, and those just interested in italian heritage. It will be a local chapter of a national organization. The group will be based in southern wake and possibly include folks from harnett county, so meetings and gatherings would be held in apex, holly springs, fuquay varina, etc. So far, the interested people i have talked to are professionals in their 30's and 40's, though the group is open to all ages and backgrounds. My goal is to create a group that holds social and charity events focused on italian food, language, and culture, and perhaps offer family get-togethers for parents who are trying to teach their children italian.

If you are interested in being part of this group, please send me a private message and we can discuss details.
lets do it !!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:03 PM

17 posts, read 30,506 times
Great! I will respond to your direct message now.

Any others interested? Post here or contact me directly please.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:04 AM

248 posts, read 500,688 times
Hi...we are looking into a move to Holly Springs. If my husband gets the job he just interviewed for, it will be sometime in November. We're from NJ and come from Italian backrounds (esp my husband). We're 39 & 43. We're both terrible cooks but wouldn't mind learning lol. Sounds like a nice way to get to make new friends. We'll let you know what happens!

Old 10-18-2011, 10:10 AM

1,539 posts, read 5,361,822 times
It would be an awesome way to meet new people and learn to cook as well ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak9210 View Post
Hi...we are looking into a move to Holly Springs. If my husband gets the job he just interviewed for, it will be sometime in November. We're from NJ and come from Italian backrounds (esp my husband). We're 39 & 43. We're both terrible cooks but wouldn't mind learning lol. Sounds like a nice way to get to make new friends. We'll let you know what happens!

Old 10-19-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basalg View Post
Since moving to the Triangle several years ago from the Northeast, my husband and I have met only a few Italians and Italian-Americans. We looked into the Italian groups that are around, but most meetings and events are focused in Raleigh, which is a bit of a drive for us. I would like to create a group to host events in our part of the county.

I am trying to start a group for Italians, Italian-Americans, and those just interested in Italian heritage. It will be a local chapter of a national organization. The group will be based in southern Wake and possibly include folks from Harnett County, so meetings and gatherings would be held in Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, etc. So far, the interested people I have talked to are professionals in their 30's and 40's, though the group is open to all ages and backgrounds. My goal is to create a group that holds social and charity events focused on Italian food, language, and culture, and perhaps offer family get-togethers for parents who are trying to teach their children Italian.

How is the organization going ???

Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 AM

9 posts, read 25,922 times
I am from ct and im mostly italian mixed with a little polish haha.. i used to be an italian chef back home. I am looking to move to the cary, apex, holly springs fuquay varina area soon. Whats everyones take on holly springs and fuquay varina is there a good amount of transplants, family orientated towns and easy acess to every thing? Id also love to be part of an italioan group not alot of us down here.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 AM

???????????????? any updates ?????????????

Old 02-09-2012, 11:29 AM

17 posts, read 48,859 times
Hello, I'm 30 and I'm from Italy originally.. I live in Durham but I'd be fine driving there.. I'll be interested if there are any updates... also, are there any actual italians in the group or is just italian-americans? It doesn't matter, just curious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary