Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 8,258 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used this facility? I am needing a place to board my golden retriever girl for a week. She is uncomfortable around dogs so I'm looking for a place that offers 1x1 time with people only and keeps her separate from other dogs. I don't care about doggy play times, as that would only upset my girl.

I would love to do in-home sitting but I am but a poor graduate student and can't afford the $60 it would cost to have someone come in 3x a day.

Any other suggestions for a CLEAN, quiet facility that does not require dogs to interact are welcome. My budget is <$40/day, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 10:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,932,158 times
We used Petsmart in Raleigh once (I used to live in north Raleigh) when our regular kennel was booked. It seemed to be a fine facility and we had no problems with it.

Our preferred kennel was Leesville Animal Hospital. We used them many many times. (They were also our vet and groomer.)

Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 AM

725 posts, read 1,500,286 times
I've used Randenn Kennels in Apex and my dogs seemed to like it. It was very clean but your dog will see and hear other dogs there, so if that is to close for comfort it might not be the place (but she will be in her own area). The base price is lower than your budget by about $15 a day and you can pay extra for 1 on 1 time.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,440 times
We used the Petsmart pet hotel in Cary a couple of times. Our dog survived and didn't seem as traumatized as some of our other kennel experiences, although he didn't really tell us much. I don't recall it being particularly cheap though, especially if you want to add on some one-on-one play time. I think you would be pretty close or over that $40/day, but I could be mis-remembering.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:17 AM

53 posts, read 95,572 times
A friend of mine is a manager here: Home | Armadale Farm Kennel

You can have them taken out and played with for a half hour with a kennel staff member and not other dogs, they even offer play logs and can send you photos of your dog each day.

It's $26.00 each day for boarding, and the 30 minutes playtime devoted to your dog is an extra $9.00 per day, so it'd be $35/day

Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 AM

237 posts, read 757,058 times
We have used Petsmart on Millbrook. Overall, they are pretty good. The place is clean. There are other dogs there though so I don't know how your dog will do. Our dog gets an upset stomach when we are gone for more than 4-5 days. Because they have Banfield right there ( who we also use) they will send the dog over to be checked and call you with any recommendations. I think it's now $26 a day. I don't remember about the one on one cost. You could call and ask what they could do for you though.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 PM

515 posts, read 1,716,418 times
We have used both the Raleigh and Cary PetsHotel when our greyhound was alive. Both had very knowlegable staff and they treated our girl like a queen. We used the Cary one most but I do know that the manager of the Hotel in Raleigh used to be the one we knew in Cary and we loved that manager.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM

600 posts, read 1,220,661 times
we have used the Raleigh one as well and felt very comfortable leaving our dog there. However, our dog loves other dogs so it was always a fun vacation for him to get to do doggy daycare every day. They do have plenty of extra add-ons for your dog if you want. Our dog always came back good.
Now I use a petsitter who I would highly recommend. She charges less than $40 a day. Let me know if you want me to put her in contact with you.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM

25 posts, read 75,303 times
I've used Raleigh petshotel a few times and my dog didn't seem to mind. Actually the second time she went she didn't even look back or do her normal whine when they took her.
If your dog would rather be alone then i'd recommend the suites at petshotel cus the others are open glass and can see all the other dogs. They are more money though.

We also have used Suite Paws... (near knightdale area) and my dog didnt seem to mind them either. They are cheaper and offer larger rooms... especially around the holidays because petsmart charges more around the holidays.

My dog isn't crate trained so she is more comfortable in larger rooms.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM

475 posts, read 1,304,636 times
We have been boarding our dogs at the PetsHotel in Raleigh for years. We have always been happy. The staff there is VERY friendly and every time we go in they always know our dogs names. You can request that your dog have 1 on 1 time with staff and that your dog NOT interact with other dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary