Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:01 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,053 times

Advertisements

BB&T does have a CHIP program with 100% financing. If you need someone's name, DM me. Good luck.

(does depend on your credit scores)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 11:09 AM

268 posts, read 1,067,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykate05 View Post
We will be looking to buy a house sometime in the next 7 mos. to a year but we will need some type of low down payment or no down payment or down payment assistance as theres no way we will have the 20%.
If we can get zero down payment that'd be great cus then we wouldn't have to pay extra for a shorter lease term for our apartment.

We like to have as much as we can go into furnishing and other expenses that go into buying a home rather than blowing most of it on a down payment.

I noticed NC offers some type of assistance or loans to first time home buyers but the eligibility goes according to income and we will meet the eligibility in wake county where we currently live but we wanted to move to granville and the eligibility is 20k dollars less there so we wouldnt be eligible.

Anyone have any idea how that works or know of any other programs going on for first time buyers?
If you can't save 5% for a down payment, you may not be able to keep up a house. There's much more to it than the monthly mortgage check.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:13 AM

1,737 posts, read 2,573,818 times
You are exactly right, FauxPas.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law! They must be smart folks!

Vicki
Not totally. They didn't use you as a buyer's agent, Vicki. A member of my DIL's family was their agent.

To their credit, they did negotiate a bunch of free updates from Beazer.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:31 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Not totally. They didn't use you as a buyer's agent, Vicki. A member of my DIL's family was their agent.

To their credit, they did negotiate a bunch of free updates from Beazer.
I'll keep my mouth shut on this one ^.....

To the OP:

Here is a GREAT resource to check your income levels and area you're thinking about buying and see if you would be eligible for the USDA program. Welcome

There are so many different loan types and programs that you best bet would be to talk to a lender. Actually talk to a bunch of different lenders. Different companies (as you see in this thread) offer different type of programs.

Good luck and welcome to home ownership!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary