Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-24-2011, 12:21 PM
 
6 posts, read 9,725 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Hello.. I plan on moving next year to The Grove at Cary because I see that they decided to take Section 8 residents. I had no idea about the crimes there. I decided to move there because the pictures are beautiful and I want to live in something like that and feel safe. My family and I are not involved in drugs, gangs, or anything illegal we all work for what we want. I do have two younger children ages 13 & 16 who will be in school so we are a progressive, drama less family. If you have any information on this place please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 PM
 
9,680 posts, read 27,085,380 times
Reputation: 4163
Check Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

Here are a few that sound awful:

2/20/2011 Do NOT move here NO 1.0
This place has a bunch of drug dealers hanging around it all the time, and teenagers who run wild and damage the cars and property. No supervision of any of these kids or teenagers so they are free to damage ... more

02/20/2011 Not the best place to live NO 2.0
I've lived in the Grove for going on 3 years. I will have to say that the complex runs through office staff. The current property manager is trying her best to keep the complex and residents under control. The children ... more

02/17/2011 Do Not Rent Here. Section 8 and Crime. NO 1.0
I'm not against people on Section 8 who need a helping hand. This place is section 8 . What I am upset about is the crime, drug dealing, and general feeling of being unsafe that I feel in this place. ... more

02/12/2011 Not a safe place!!! YES 1.0
This apartment complex is bad news. The area (West Cary) is very nice, however there has been an increase in crime (local bank robberies, petty crime, murder ect..) that have all been atributed to residents living in this complex! Just ... more

02/11/2011 This place has VERY SERIOUS drug and crime problems NO
I am relieved I no longer live here, and know 2 others who left quickly and broke their lease because of the gang, drug and crime problems that are rampant in this place. It is a complete and total nightmare. ... more

Unfortunately, many good landlords such as mine avoid Section 8 because the landlord loses much control over resident selection.

I'm Neighborhood Watch captain at my place. We are constantly removing trespassers from a Section 8 complex down the road. The townhomes next to us have a serious burglary problem apparently from the same cause. We are alarm equipped and well lighted with low crime.

Section 8 here many times is close to public housing in problem residents.

Good luck,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 04:37 AM
 
379 posts, read 577,729 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia1129 View Post
Hello.. I plan on moving next year to The Grove at Cary because I see that they decided to take Section 8 residents. I had no idea about the crimes there. I decided to move there because the pictures are beautiful and I want to live in something like that and feel safe. My family and I are not involved in drugs, gangs, or anything illegal we all work for what we want. I do have two younger children ages 13 & 16 who will be in school so we are a progressive, drama less family. If you have any information on this place please let me know.
Don't do it. Find a different complex or rent a townhome. It isn't where you need to take your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 06:03 AM
 
9,680 posts, read 27,085,380 times
Reputation: 4163
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
Don't do it. Find a different complex or rent a townhome. It isn't where you need to take your family.
Not many good properties participate in Section 8 rent subsidies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Location: NC
2,023 posts, read 3,224,678 times
Reputation: 3203
Saturnfan, wow. I didn't realize that. Is the rest of Cary Park being affected by the residents of the Grove? We are considering moving to NW Cary and DO NOT want to live in an area that has those issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
8,269 posts, read 25,027,273 times
Reputation: 5591
No, the rest of Cary is not being affected. It's pretty isolated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
 
297 posts, read 738,115 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Is the rest of Cary Park being affected by the residents of the Grove?
No, Cary Park proper is doing just fine. The Grove is tucked away behind the shopping center and pretty much a zero factor in every day life in Cary Park. You can dislike NW Cary for a host of other reasons, just like any other place, but personally I find the Grove to be a non-factor. Too bad about the Grove, though, because on the surface it's a really pretty complex.

I believe Saturnfan lives in Raleigh, so is describing the area/situation there. Is that correct, Saturnfan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
 
68 posts, read 181,721 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Not many good properties participate in Section 8 rent subsidies.
How do you find out if an apartment rents section 8?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
 
9,680 posts, read 27,085,380 times
Reputation: 4163
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOfThis View Post
No, Cary Park proper is doing just fine. The Grove is tucked away behind the shopping center and pretty much a zero factor in every day life in Cary Park. You can dislike NW Cary for a host of other reasons, just like any other place, but personally I find the Grove to be a non-factor. Too bad about the Grove, though, because on the surface it's a really pretty complex.

I believe Saturnfan lives in Raleigh, so is describing the area/situation there. Is that correct, Saturnfan?
Yes, near Capital Blvd and Old Wake Forest Rd in North Raleigh. A few blocks from Triangle Town Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 06:58 PM
 
9,680 posts, read 27,085,380 times
Reputation: 4163
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondoc View Post
How do you find out if an apartment rents section 8?
Call the leasing office and ask as if you were a prospective new resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top