U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM

4,598 posts, read 9,366,819 times

Advertisements

For those saying a small budget wedding is impossible, we planned a wedding for 75 people on $5000. We held it at the beach and the reception was indoors. We could have spent about $4000 but we decided to splurge on certain things. Even if I had all the money in the world I think I would have still opted for a $5000 wedding instead of a $20,000 wedding. I'd rather spend that extra $15,000 on a house down payment!

bnspwedding, do you have a preference for type of venue (modern, traditional, barn, etc)?

Last edited by evaofnc; 02-23-2012 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: missed where you said march
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 07:14 PM

330 posts, read 901,767 times
Here is a new venue in Apex which I have seen. It is very nice and you can bring in your own food/caterer.

Bienvenue Bienvenue Private venue conveniently located in Apex, North Carolina

Old 08-20-2013, 01:33 PM

44,979 posts, read 18,622,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforte View Post
I need help.......For the past month my fiance and I have been looking for the best place to hold our wedding and reception. We have a budget of about $4000 and need to be able to have a reception and wedding with this amount.
Anyone know how the wedding and reception turned out? Did they stay within the $4K budget? What did they do for food?

Old 08-20-2013, 03:02 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,596,217 times
Would be nice to know!

My daughter is getting married in less than 3 weeks. We have about 75 coming, and our budget is a little under $3000. We were lucky to have a family friend offer to cook a pig for her as her gift, so that took care of a huge chunk of the food budget! She's done a lot of it herself, and has largely avoided the wedding industry.

I'd love to hear back from the OP!

Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
Would be nice to know!

My daughter is getting married in less than 3 weeks. We have about 75 coming, and our budget is a little under $3000. We were lucky to have a family friend offer to cook a pig for her as her gift, so that took care of a huge chunk of the food budget! She's done a lot of it herself, and has largely avoided the wedding industry.

I'd love to hear back from the OP!
$3000! Wow!

How did you do it?

Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 AM

First up was the venue (Optimist Farm in Apex). Very affordable. It's not fancy, so if you have a vision of a ballroom or something, it wouldn't work. The lodge is small, but can accommodate up to 85. The pond will make a lovely backdrop for their vows. (no rain, no rain!!) We're using the tables and folding chairs there. The chairs are old and rusted, but she's making simple coverings to go over them. That way we don't have to rent the "pretty" ones.

A lot of the food was given as a wedding gift, but the rest of our sides are coming from Carolina Barbecue. My mother bought all the place settings and table coverings from BJs. (They look like real china and silverware, but they're not!) The cakes (yes, cakes. They want several different types.) are coming from Harris Teeter. Flowers will be whatever mums we find the week of the wedding. My daughter and her FI made paper roses out of old sheet music and comic books for the bouquets. (And they are gorgeous!)

She ordered a vintage "prom" dress which happens to be in white eyelet. Did the alterations herself! The bridesmaids dresses came from Old Navy. They designed and printed their own invitations, and they've arranged centerpieces out of a hodgepodge of glass bottles/vases. My husband found a bunch of glass milk bottles when he was going through his Dad's things. They're gorgeous! (And a fresh change of pace from mason jars!)

I can give you a better update once it's all over.

I'm very please at how it's all coming together!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 PM

9,137 posts, read 13,687,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
First up was the venue (Optimist Farm in Apex). Very affordable. It's not fancy, so if you have a vision of a ballroom or something, it wouldn't work. The lodge is small, but can accommodate up to 85. The pond will make a lovely backdrop for their vows. (no rain, no rain!!) We're using the tables and folding chairs there. The chairs are old and rusted, but she's making simple coverings to go over them. That way we don't have to rent the "pretty" ones.

A lot of the food was given as a wedding gift, but the rest of our sides are coming from Carolina Barbecue. My mother bought all the place settings and table coverings from BJs. (They look like real china and silverware, but they're not!) The cakes (yes, cakes. They want several different types.) are coming from Harris Teeter. Flowers will be whatever mums we find the week of the wedding. My daughter and her FI made paper roses out of old sheet music and comic books for the bouquets. (And they are gorgeous!)

She ordered a vintage "prom" dress which happens to be in white eyelet. Did the alterations herself! The bridesmaids dresses came from Old Navy. They designed and printed their own invitations, and they've arranged centerpieces out of a hodgepodge of glass bottles/vases. My husband found a bunch of glass milk bottles when he was going through his Dad's things. They're gorgeous! (And a fresh change of pace from mason jars!)

I can give you a better update once it's all over.

I'm very please at how it's all coming together!
Sounds like a lot of fun! I've seen those "silverware" and "china" dishes - very authentic looking. Please let us know how it turns out.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 PM

It sounds like such fun and is bringing the whole family together. Even the bride's Dad is in on the action.

And isn't that what's weddings are all about? Bringing two families together to create a new one.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It sounds like such fun and is bringing the whole family together. Even the bride's Dad is in on the action.

And isn't that what's weddings are all about? Bringing two families together to create a new one.
Yep!!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:11 AM

571 posts, read 1,404,977 times
I don't know the cost but some of the local wineries offer charming settings, here is a link for some in Johnston Cty:

Muscadine Heritage Wine Trail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary