Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 11:18 AM

924 posts, read 2,103,275 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I was just driving home a little while ago and saw a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that I had never noticed before. It's called "Ribs by Art," and it's located immediately east of I-40 on the north side of Rock Quarry Road. I'm always looking for new rib joints, and so it caught my eye. I see they have a pretty nice web site, and some mostly positive reviews on Yelp. But I was just curious if anyone on here had any experience eating there or having them cater an event. Would you recommend the place? Are there any menu items that you'd particularly recommend? Regardless, it can't hurt to stop by and check it out the next time I'm over that way with some time to spare, but I'm interested in any suggestions or background that y'all might have beforehand.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 01:47 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,269 times
He used to cater many of the HOA events in my former neighborhood. I never tried his food but everyone raved over it, said it was the best. He also used to sell it outside Kroger on New Bern years ago (I believe?). He's been doing this for some time. He is well-known in the East Raleigh area. I think he used to have a small restaurant over at Rogers Lane but the location wasn't so great without lots of advertising so the place closed down in the first year. Considering this happens to many restaurants (96% or so) I don't consider it a reflection of his food but rather business factors. I would suggest you try it...let us know your thoughts

Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
He used to cater many of the HOA events in my former neighborhood. I never tried his food but everyone raved over it, said it was the best. He also used to sell it outside Kroger on New Bern years ago (I believe?). He's been doing this for some time. He is well-known in the East Raleigh area. I think he used to have a small restaurant over at Rogers Lane but the location wasn't so great without lots of advertising so the place closed down in the first year. Considering this happens to many restaurants (96% or so) I don't consider it a reflection of his food but rather business factors. I would suggest you try it...let us know your thoughts
Okay, so I've finally made it over to Ribs by Art a couple of times over the past few weeks when I was in that part of town and when they happened to be open (unfortunately, they have kind of weird hours). But all in all, I'd say it was worth the wait. I've gotten take-out from there twice, and really enjoyed it. The pork ribs are the specialty, of course, and I thought they were fantastic. It's pretty hard to mess-up ribs as long as they're not undercooked or overcooked, but they were great. I really enjoyed the tangy, zingy sauce they use, although my girlfriend didn't like the sauce because she thought it was too mustard-y. I was a little disappointed by the sides that I got with my meals, but maybe I just didn't order the right ones. I'll have to work on it. Overall, I would highly recommend Ribs by Art, and I will be back. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I think in the future I'll probably make a special trip over there specifically to get food, rather than just when I happen to be on that side of town anyway. And I would definitely consider having them cater an event, although I don't think I have anything coming up that would require catering. Regardless, if you like ribs, do yourself a favor and check it out!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 PM

2,110 posts, read 2,725,542 times
I just saw this and have to agree it's very good. We eat there often from work and have never had a bad meal.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:58 AM

This is good to hear! thanks for sharing! Exactly where is his place now? I'd like to refer someone to it

Old 02-11-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
This is good to hear! thanks for sharing! Exactly where is his place now? I'd like to refer someone to it
RaleighLass, the current Ribs by Art location is at 3301 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh, NC. It's in a small, nondescript strip mall building, and it doesn't have a big sign, so unfortunately it's very easy to miss (I, for one, had driven past there countless times before I ever even noticed that there was a rib restaurant there; I mentioned to a guy there that they needed better—or at least bigger—signage, and he just shrugged his shoulders). It's on the north side of Rock Quarry, immediately east (close enough that you can hear the hum of the highway when you're there) of the "second" bridge over I-40, i.e. not the one with the entrance and exit from the highway. It's just west of the intersection with Sunnybrook, and a short distance to the east of Word of God Christian Academy, Southeast Raleigh High School, and the Creech/Sanderford Roads intersections. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Perfect...thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary