Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:14 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,663,718 times

Advertisements

I hear there's a big fesitval this weekend in Cary - called Laze Days or something like that.

Does anyone know the hours, and is it on all weekend? How best to get to it coming from Wake Forest? What will parking be like? Can Cary hold all the cars that will (probably) come to it?

Will there be food? Gotta have food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 06:17 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,241,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I hear there's a big fesitval this weekend in Cary - called Laze Days or something like that.

Does anyone know the hours, and is it on all weekend? How best to get to it coming from Wake Forest? What will parking be like? Can Cary hold all the cars that will (probably) come to it?

Hah! We must have been writing our posts at the same time!

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ts-crafts.html

Old 08-24-2007, 06:46 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,069,611 times
Yes, Lazy Daze is this weekend and parking is hard. I believe there is parking at the Cary mall and you can take a regularly running shuttle bus to the festival or you can try to find a spot in the neighborhoods behind downtown and walk (probably several blocks from where you might get a space)

I would probably take 540 to 40 East and get off on on the Cary exit (can't remember the exit number) but it's after Harrison and is the Cary Towne Blvd. Exit to the right and follow Cary Towne Center Blvd all the way to the mall, which is on the left about a 1/2 mile up the road. It's an easy drive and the festival is really fun. It's a worthwhile way to spend Saturday afternoon.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:00 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,598,512 times
The Kettle Corn is to die for! There will be plenty of other food also...

Definitely a great festival. I would HIGHLY recommend it!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 AM

65 posts, read 191,763 times
Just be prepared for huge crowds. It is very difficult if you have a stroller. I would go early. You can usually park on some of the side streets near downtown and walk over.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:10 AM

2,187 posts, read 7,991,822 times
Is there anywhere to ride your bikes into and lock them up?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:10 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,193,934 times
TONS of food.

TONS of people.

TONS of strollers.

TONS of fun!

Vicki

Old 08-24-2007, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,877 times
I went to this festival last year and really thought it wasn't all that great.
If you park at the Cary Mall there is a shuttle that drives people to and from the festival. I recomend using that.
I just found it it be way to crowded. It was very hard to get up to the vendors booths because of the masses of people who rudly swarm around the entry ways to smoke their cigaretts. Plus it was hot.
However, I did find a couple of neat items to purchase, but knowing now what I did not know last year, I will not go. It wasn't that great. Maybe if they find a new place to host it, one with wider streets and a little more room to walk up to the vendors it would be more enjoyable. At least in my opinion.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:54 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,556,561 times
I am so sad I am going to miss that today. I scheduled an open house, and forgot about Lazy Daze. I have been going for many many years, but get there before 8am to avoid the huge crowds and strollers. Later than noon, forget getting into a booth. If you can get into one, its probably something you don't want anyway. ;-)

Have fun whoever goes.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:36 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,652,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Do early, don't wear open shoes because you will be rolled over by all the strollers/wagons/small kids.

It is nice...but getting too packed. We went the first few years we were down here...but not this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary