Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 04:54 PM

142 posts, read 520,786 times

Advertisements

anyone have any insight on how I can get access to Patriots games in North Carolina? We're building in Clayton and trying to decide on cable tv providers. I know Direct TV has a Sunday Ticket option, but we've never had dish and are hesitant to jump on that. Anyone out there see Patriots games, or any other non-local games, and are willing to share in your secret?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,635 times
DirecTV Sunday ticket is going to be the only way for you to see them unless you want to go to a sports bar every week.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,924,684 times
I have Directv and Sunday ticket for Patriots games....and truthfully it is a rip for just Patriot games. All one the Pariots games are on national tv except.....the 2 bills games, maybe a miami game, Basically you pay $250 for about 4 games.

BTW Directv rules

Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,901,075 times
The cheapest way is to find a friend with DirecTV.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:24 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,540,164 times
DirecTV's newest promotion packages their NFL Sunday Ticket package with lower tier packages than in the past, so for new subscribers can be as low as ~$35/month (plus fees to rent additional boxes, taxes, etc.). In the past it was tied to their Premier package which included all the movie channels, so it cost more. The other benefit this year is that the lower promotional rate is good for the entire 1st year of your contract (and you then pay full price in year 2).

When I signed up 2 years ago, if you wanted the NFL Sunday ticket deal, you only received the reduced package price for the length of the NFL season (Aug-Dec/Jan, so 5 months), then you had to select a full price package.

I like DirecTV, except when it rains really hard or snows moderately. If you are a fan of golf/tennis, the 4-6 different feeds they show at the major championships are a godsend - you actually can see people other than the marquee athletes.

As I will be out of contract next month, I am going to try for this new Sunday Ticket deal. People on the deals sites have had great success in bickering with the CSRs to be treated as a new customer when they are out of contract, not so much success if they have a significant amount of time remaining.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:45 PM

61 posts, read 114,437 times
why would you want to watch a Patriots game when you have a REAL TEAM in the AFC East like the NEW YORK JETS. LOL LOL LOL LOL...But seriously I had the NFL Package and realized that there are many websites out there that you can watch Live Football on. I don't wanna say they sites names cause its still up for grabs if they legal or not, but you can do a google search for them. Thats how I watch all my PPV events too just plug the HDMI cord into my computer..

PS NY JETS 2012 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

Old 07-13-2011, 06:22 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,828 times
I think I just saw a commercial on TV last night that NFL Sunday Ticket is included FREE if you sign up now for DirecTV. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:28 AM

279 posts, read 702,468 times
Direct Tv is the way to go. Much better than cable. Great deals for new customers...not so much for existing! Go JETS...even though we are from Maine. ;-)

Old 07-13-2011, 07:19 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,635 times
PS NY JETS 2012 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS[/quote]

Really? My Cowboys are gonna open the season with a beating of the Jets!

Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM

612 posts, read 1,280,017 times
yikes, don't we all live in NC now??? GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

That being said, I agree with deetae. You shouldn't have a difficult time finding a site to stream them on for free. The quality won't be as good, but it's free. I have several bookmarked in my PS3 browser, which saves me from having to connect my computer to my TV. If the PS3 ever gets with it and updates to the latest version of flash then I will have even more options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary