Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 08:04 AM

5 posts, read 4,536 times

Advertisements

I will be in Raleigh midday Friday till Saturday late evening before heading to D.C. for a meeting and need suggestions for things to do while I am in Raleigh. I am 23 yo male but I'm not looking to drink all night. More along the lines of restaurants to try and places to go while the sun is still out. I grabbed a ticket to the hockey game but hat only burns so many hours.

Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 PM

127 posts, read 356,566 times
There is an area downtown Raleigh called Moore Square you might enjoy. Moore Square :: Downtown Raleigh, NC
There are a lots of restaurants and bars and a museum with Imax right there. Also lots of street and parking garage spaces that are free on the weekend. You could just park and walk around and see what looks good to you. There is a Segway Tour company right there, if they had an opening you could take a tour of the city. Friday and Saturday are calling for rain but you never know how it will be.

When I have guests they like to visit the local colleges...NCSU, UNC and Duke are all right here.

There are a bunch of meetup activities going on around town you could see if any interest you.

There is a trolley that does 1 hour tours of downtown Raleigh for $10 and you can hop off and on at the stops.

The Art Museum is maybe 2 miles from the staduim for your hockey game with free parking and free general admission. It was just remodeled and expanded, and part of the Greenway walking path goes right through there if you are a walker. There are a few peices of art along the way.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Old 10-27-2011, 01:01 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
You will be here for Halloween--Hillsborough St near NCSU would be "interesting" to hang out and watch the costumes, though kind of wild, and hard to find parking. Likely other places will have Halloween things going on, on Sat and Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary