Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

At one time is was at the top of our list but we ended buying in Hunters Mill. I have scoured this forum and found no mention of it. Are there any thoughts on Winston Pointe. It is a beautiful all wooded lots community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 AM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
At one time is was at the top of our list but we ended buying in Hunters Mill. I have scoured this forum and found no mention of it. Are there any thoughts on Winston Pointe. It is a beautiful all wooded lots community.
Where in Clayton is it? I'm not familiar with it.
Lauren

Old 06-03-2007, 02:10 PM

233 posts, read 860,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Where in Clayton is it? I'm not familiar with it.
Lauren

If you come down Guy Rd. from 70 heading towards Amelia Church Rd, there will be signs for it. Sign is on the left side of the road, but its a right turn, you drive through an older community to get to it. It's After White Oak Rd, and Lee's Forest Subdivision. Eventually it is supposed to come out on Wynston Rd, crossing over and building through those woods behind Winston (By Centex), behind Coxwoods, and end up in the back of Pheasant Woods subdivision which is behind Amelia Church on Amelia Church Rd. They're tearin' up a whole lot of woods with that one.....

Old 06-03-2007, 04:14 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Has it taken off are there many homes sold? We ended up falling in love with Homes By Greg Johnson and Hunters Mill. There was a lot there that had I sold my house in the fall I would be living there now.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:54 PM

217 posts, read 799,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassy View Post
If you come down Guy Rd. from 70 heading towards Amelia Church Rd, there will be signs for it. Sign is on the left side of the road, but its a right turn, you drive through an older community to get to it. It's After White Oak Rd, and Lee's Forest Subdivision. Eventually it is supposed to come out on Wynston Rd, crossing over and building through those woods behind Winston (By Centex), behind Coxwoods, and end up in the back of Pheasant Woods subdivision which is behind Amelia Church on Amelia Church Rd. They're tearin' up a whole lot of woods with that one.....
I know that is the Wynston subdivision but I am not sure if that is the one she is talking about because that one does not have wooded lots. Some lots have some brush/tree line along the back but most have no trees. We are renting in the one you mentioned.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I know that is the Wynston subdivision but I am not sure if that is the one she is talking about because that one does not have wooded lots. Some lots have some brush/tree line along the back but most have no trees. We are renting in the one you mentioned.
well.. its definitely not confused with "Winston" by Centex at the corner of Guy Rd & Amelia Church, those have no yards hardly, and definitely not wooded lots... LOL

Old 06-06-2007, 08:06 PM

I need to apologize in this thread.. I had my spellings of Wynston (which is the one by Centex - corner of Amelia Church & Guy Rd.) and Winston Pointe confused... I'm confused enough in a days time.. didn't mean to try to confuse anyone else. But I did take note of the spellings when I came home from work that direction tonite and wanted to correct myself.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:20 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
Wynston and Winston had me confused also! LOL

Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Is that the subdivision with the pastel colored houses? Someone told me about one in Clayton, not sure if that was it or not.

*shudders*
Oh how I HATE Guy rd....I'm not going to lie to you, I was renting a house down off of Guy and I drop my god-daughter off in the same area for school..coming back down Guy rd to hwy 70 takes FOREVER. Backs up alot too! I take Guy rd halfway down from 42, turn right onto amelia church (I think thats the road) and take shotwell down.

Coming home at night on Guy rd too is a nightmare. Lots of little furry animals like to cross, I've seen some deer too. The road is not very well lit so just be careful.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 AM

770 posts, read 3,679,796 times
Isn't Wynston inside the city limits? I drove by there but did not seem too interested in it. I posted photos on Winston Pointe, I liked the community, it is going to be large, however I hated the speed bumps going into the place and will not buy there as long as those speed bumps are up! you can check my pics and see if that is the development you are talking about. I heard of Hunters Mill...where is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary