U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 PM

173 posts, read 280,604 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Looking for feedback on Mulberry Park townhomes near Brier Creek. Address is in Raleigh but is actually in Durham county. Anyone live there or know someone who does? Interested in positive and negative experiences. Did a forum search but only one thread came up from April with not much info.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 10:16 PM

2,464 posts, read 3,660,772 times
Nice quiet neighborhood....not many young families...most likely because of the Durham County Schools....and being 50 yards from the Wake County line. There are only a handful of kids there. Lots of older adults or young couples. The homes are nice though....especially since a new builder took over. Newer homes have a few nice touches that the older ones didn't, for about the same price. But this place has been around for almost 3 years now and is just a little over half finished. I wouldn't recommend buying unless you plan on staying at least 5 years because it may be difficult to sell competing against the builder.

It's a very convenient location, but that road can get VERY backed up during rush hour. And you must be willing to live with airplanes flying directly over your head every 3-5 minutes.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 AM

173 posts, read 280,604 times
Thanks for the info - not too concerned with the lack of kids as my fiancee and I are a young couple We'd definitely be planning on staying there for at least 5 years. Are you referring to Leesville Road? How backed up does that tend to get during rush hour going towards 540?

My only concern so far is the close proximity to the airport as you mentioned. When we were there over the weekend, I do recall hearing/seeing a few planes pass overheard when we were outside. I don't remember hearing it too much when we were in one of the homes, though. Does the air traffic tend to quiet down at night or do they pretty much go all night long as well?

Old 10-31-2011, 10:01 AM

2,471 posts, read 3,747,201 times
go check out RDU Aircraft Noise Program

There are several maps of the surrounding areas with the measured average sound levels. Find where your home might be and get an idea. But recognize that these are NOT the maximum sound levels, they are average.

It looks like the Mulberry Park site is about 63 dB (DNL)
DNL is "The day-night level (DNL) is the average annual daily sound level, in decibels, computed on the basis of a 24-hour period with a 10-dB penalty for sound occurring between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. to account for the greater intrusiveness of noise during late night or early morning hours."

It looks like your location will be pretty noisy, but how much will bother you depends on a lot more than just that number. How much time will you spend outdoors? (Sitting on a porch or balcony), how well the houses are constructed for sound? etc.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 AM

2,464 posts, read 3,660,772 times
I was talking about that 4 way stop at Leesville and Mt Herman/Shady Grove...whatever it's called this month. It's very close to 540 and 70, but I was just saying don't get carried away with thinking you may hop in the car and be well down 540 in 4 minutes. Heading back to ACC Blvd towards Brier Creek is easy but expect that intersection at Brier Creek and 70 to always be busy. But that's the price you pay for convenience, and it's not that bad all the time.

The airplanes...I hardly notice when I'm indoors. But I don't live there, my friends do and I don't sleep there at night. But I can sleep through a thunderstorm....so it wouldn't phase me. But outdoors, you will notice the planes. Most aren't that loud, but they do fly very close to Mulberry...sometimes right over and you will notice it. As long as they don't fall....right?

Overall it's a nice location. It's kinda rural, with woods and a farm across the street....but you can be at WalMart or Target in less than 5 minutes. And if you work in RTP, the commute is as easy as it gets.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 450 times
Default Amenities question

Does the community have a pool?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary