Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you could, which person would you vote for in the Wake County School Board runoff election?
Heather Losurdo 32 31.07%
Kevin Hill 71 68.93%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times

Advertisements

Heather Losurdo is running against (incumbent) Kevin Hill in the District 3 runoff race for a spot on the Wake County School Board.

It's an important election because it will determine the direction the board will take (Republican or Democrat), and that affects us all.

Of course, only voters in District 3 will be able to vote on Tuesday (November 8, 2011).

But here's your chance (everyone) -- who would you vote for? Losurdo or Hill?

Take the poll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
I can and will vote in this election. I voted for Hill the first time and I plan to again after reading up on Losurdo. To be honest though, I wish they would both get their supporters to stop with the mailers. I have a stack about a foot high from the past week.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:58 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I can and will vote in this election. I voted for Hill the first time and I plan to again after reading up on Losurdo. To be honest though, I wish they would both get their supporters to stop with the mailers. I have a stack about a foot high from the past week.
A vote for Losurdo is a vote for John Tedesco to be chair of the school board (and having to hear his voice even more than before).

Otherwise, I agree letter-for-letter with N_R_G above.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:09 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,078,162 times
Well that's not a very realistic poll.

It only allowed me to vote once ?

No skin in this game for me, but watching the political process race to the bottom is sad indeed. It seems like we swing between voter apathy and political spin.
At least from 40,000' it seems like the plan proposed by Tata wasn't exactly the moral crisis that it was feared to be?

Frank

Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 AM

334 posts, read 867,574 times
Losurdo. Mainly because there is so much outside pressure to rubbish the woman. The local liberal tv news loves to put the spot light on any thing negative someone has 'uncovered' about her.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:38 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,415 times
School board politics aside, it amazes me that anyone would vote for someone who had the poor sense to promote a racist joke and then run for office.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 AM

387 posts, read 1,045,826 times
No college degree, worked in a strip club, declared personal bankruptcy?

IMO not a person who displays a value for education or good judgment. Also, there are intangibles that make Losurdo unlikeable to me. I'd vote for Hill.

Personally I am sick that the school board has party affiliations at all. It muddies the waters. I prefer candidates who just want our schools to be the best they can be, not candidates with agendas.

Last edited by goldenncmom; 11-05-2011 at 08:46 AM..

Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
If I stilled lived in Wake County (having moved in large part due to the schools), I would be looking for a good alternative to Kevin Hill. Having been part of the gang that got Wake County into the mess before this one is reason enough for me to vote him out. But I don't think a viable challenger has been been presented. Ms. Losurdo has too many negatives. I'd probably reluctantly vote for Mr. Hill.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:35 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times
Hill.

I don't want someone who worked in a strip club to win this, sorry.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:07 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
Personally I am sick that the school board has party affiliations at all. It muddies the waters. I prefer candidates who just want our schools to be the best they can be, not candidates with agendas.
The race officially does not have party affiliations: on the ballot, parties are not listed. However, the individual candidates belong to parties, and unless you want to require all School Board candidates to be Unaffiliated, you can't stop people from identifying them with one party or the other. Like you, I wish there could be a race that was truly nonpartisan, but especially in races with very polarized ideologies such as this one, you're going to get at least one candidate from each major party and the fundraising from the Rs and Ds is going to support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary