Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,336,790 times

Advertisements

I don't know about stomach sleeping, but I got a new pillow at A Goodnight Sleep Store on Glenwood. It is by Sleep Harmony and it's either memory foam or latex with a bamboo cover (it's not hard like a tempurpedic mattress). It is the best pillow I have ever had, I LOVE IT! And you can try it in the store before buying it. They don't show this specific pillow on their website though. It was $69.99 when I bought it over the summer. Worth every penny and then some!

Good luck finding the right pillow - it makes a world of difference

ETA: Because of a neck issue, I invested in a special tempurpedic contoured pillow a few years ago. But I was still like you, constantly trying to get comfy and constantly adjusting. With this new pillow, I don't even think anymore. No adjusting needed. It's so perfect. And if the one at A Goodnight Sleep Store is too thick or thin (mine is 4.5" I think), you can find a 4" online or up to 6". I can't remember if it was returnable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 03:30 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,697 times
After you give it a test drive please report back on your findings, I could use a new pillow.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,094,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Do you put it inside a pillow case to keep it sort of "one piece" or just leave it as is? I'm tired of waking up and adjusting myself and I think if it unfolded I would be disturbed and awake trying to get it right again.
Unfolded. I believe I just squish it up until it's comfortable at night rather than waking up due to an uncomfortable pillow.

I never tried a memory foam type of pillow because the memory foam mattress toppers get really warm (but are okay with a thick mattress cover), and I figured the pillows would be the same and would be uncomfortably warm.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:15 PM

270 posts, read 379,514 times
I'm pretty sure you can return pillows to Bed Bath & Beyond. The website has a page with recommendations for choosing the right pillow for your sleeping position and at the bottom of the page it reads that everything can be returned, Satisfaction Guaranteed.

We need new pillows too!

Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,336,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Unfolded. I believe I just squish it up until it's comfortable at night rather than waking up due to an uncomfortable pillow.

I never tried a memory foam type of pillow because the memory foam mattress toppers get really warm (but are okay with a thick mattress cover), and I figured the pillows would be the same and would be uncomfortably warm.
The Sleep Harmony pillow I referred to above has little holes in it for air circulation, and the ads for it highlight this feature. I took the memory foam topper off my bed because it was too hot, but this pillow does not make me warm. And the bamboo cover is natural fiber which helps keep it from getting hot also.

Can you tell I love this pillow?

Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,823,728 times
I sleep on my stomach/side as well. I tend to use regular pillows, but position it lengthwise up and down. I put my head towards the top and chest stomach toward the bottom of the pillow.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:05 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
I bought an overstuffed fake down pillow from Penney's that I love. In a year and half it hasn't lost volume or bunched up. I think they have a decent selection. I also have a fat, fluffy Hilfiger down pillow I picked up at TJ Maxx for about $40-60. I like this one as I can shape it and it doesn't get hot. You can probably find a Hilfiger at a major dept store. I would check out Penney's.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:31 AM

84 posts, read 147,922 times
This thread is hilarious.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:32 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,790,646 times
My husband and I love buckwheat pillows...not sure if you've tried them? They stay cooler than regular pillows, and are 100% moldable

Here's some links!
Amazon.com: Organic Buckwheat Pillow - Japanese Size (14" x 20"): Home & Garden
Sleeping Pillow | Organic Night Pillow

Old 11-23-2011, 11:28 AM

794 posts, read 1,325,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Okay, so I like to sleep on my stomach and side, and not my back...so fluffy down pillows you find everywhere aren't cutting it for me. Target used to have one that was meant for my sleep style, and I have one, but it's developed a huge lump on the left side that I can't get out and that keeps cricking my neck every night.

I need a relatively flat, firm pillow - but where in the area can I find a good selection to shop? I don't what the cost is any more - I just want to sleep well again!

I am a back and side sleeper and have been waking up with a lot of neck and shoulder pain for the past several years. I have tried all kinds of pillows, which would work for a couple weeks but then loose their shape and the pain would start again. Then, my BF and I had a random conversation about pillows and he shared these links:

Tri-Core Orthopedic Pillow Family | Core Products International, Inc. (http://www.coreproducts.com/asp_catalog/catalog.asp?pca=21 - broken link)

http://www.amazon.com/Core-Products-...8626911&sr=8-1

His chiropractor suggested this pillow- he is also a stomach and side sleeper. I ordered one a few weeks ago for me and have not had any neck/shoulder issues since I started using it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary