Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim2none View Post
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist who closely adheres to the tenants of New Guinea's tribal religions. Where should I live? I thought about Knightdale but have heard that it is overrun with gangs.

****Disclaimer****
I work in Knightdale. Knightdale seems like a fine place to me. I have no problem with Knightdale and encourage people who don't live there to visit - I am sure that there lives will be enriched by spending time in Knightdale. When I joke about Knightdale I am poking fun at some people's misconceptions of Knightdale and not at Knightdale itself.
Yep, I almost joked about this myself but feared some folks would take me seriously My gang made me say this

Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
To keep it local, what's with the economy in China?

What will the unemployment rate be in Durham on June 3, 2027?

I am an open minded, forwarded thinking person who enjoys diverse culture. Where can I find a place with people exactly like me?

I really love Clayton and I will be working in Chapel Hill. I want my commute to be less than 12 minutes. Is that possible?

I am looking to buy a house that will appreciate 172% in 8.4 years. Can anyone tell me the town and street I should look on?

What's with a Walmart, Harris Teeter and Walgreens on every corner when it obviously is not needed?

In search of a place with new roads, great schools, nice homes, big 3 acre lots, no crime, walking distance to the ocean and mountains and no city property taxes.

My name is John. Should I move to Wake Forest?

I drove all around Wake Forest, but can't find the university. Need help.

I found a great new build house in Cary for $250,000. 3000 sq ft, 3 bed, 3 bath. The builder is refusing to install a pool, fence the yard, add a 3rd floor and pay lifetime HOA fees for me as part of the deal. What's up with that? I thought it was a buyers market?

I am parking my motor home, boat and camper on my front lawn and received a rude letter from my HOA telling me to move them. OUTRAGEOUS!
We have a winner!!! Omg, soooo funny.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:34 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post

I am an open minded, forwarded thinking person who enjoys diverse culture. Where can I find a place with people exactly like me?

In search of a place with new roads, great schools, nice homes, big 3 acre lots, no crime, walking distance to the ocean and mountains and no city property taxes.

My name is John. Should I move to Wake Forest?

My favorites !!!!!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:48 PM

5,885 posts, read 6,953,089 times
I don't have time to search/read the 4800 other threads that already answer my exact question, so I am going to post a new one.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:59 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDeLoop View Post
[francois] is always so articulate in his posts.
Now THAT is the funniest post in this thread, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLL

Old 12-03-2011, 04:41 PM

650 posts, read 929,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Ya know, I am appalled--APPALLED--that not a single one of the grocery stores I had back home is here! How am I supposed to do my shopping!

And by the way: I've lived here a whole TWO WEEKS--I know, I'm practically a native lol-- and not gotten a single job offer yet! What gives with that, yous? I was specifically told that the job market in the Carolina Research Park Triangle area is the best in the country, no matter what your background is. I just graduated from college last week with a degree in Philosophy so naturally I am just who they are looking for, especially because I wasn't born here and don't have one of those "drawls"!

I want a name and number of someone I can call to complain about these things, pronto!

Occupy Carolina RTP! You'll get your answer.

snc

Old 12-03-2011, 07:59 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
note....this is an actual thread title from back in the C-D heyday in 2006....

"What does the pizza in NC taste like?"

Old 12-05-2011, 07:34 AM

520 posts, read 1,016,547 times
This is sooo funny! Just the laughs I needed on a Monday morning.

Thanks everyone & keep 'em coming!!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Is North Carolina near South Carolina? Why did they make two of them, anyway? Where I'm from everybody just says "Carolina" and I thought there was just one. Seems like that should be plenty. Why is one called "North" Carolina when people say it's a Southern state? Which one is best for me? Is Carolina part of the mid-Atlantic?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:00 AM

68 posts, read 118,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
My favorite post was really targeted at Wilmington, but I'll reprised it here in case you missed it.

-- I want to move to Wilmington to raise Venus Flytraps. What's the climate like? I also like southern Cailfornia, but the climate isn't so good and I'm afraid of earthquakes.
Also my favorite thread

Is NC a southern state? My kid is X, where should I live? I am a very bitter person moving with no job and no money, where's the best neighborhood?
After moving: Is anyone from here? Where are the locals? There are bugs here, even in winter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary