Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 PM

17 posts, read 157,259 times

Advertisements

Enterprise wants 7-800 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 04:37 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,235,896 times
Have you tried price line? I've gotten many great deals by bidding on price line. www.priceline.com

Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Let me just say avoid AVIS for a long-term rental. We used them for 2 months and while initially they were fine, all follow-up customer service has been simply awful. I will not use them again for anything long-term.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:36 AM

621 posts, read 2,218,148 times
I usually go with national... if you mix their contract id's with a good coupon, it can be just as cheap as a bid on priceline... This contract id: 5760339 usually gets a pretty good rate.. combine it with a coupon like this, ND3166ZDQ, and it could be a pretty decent rate. DM me if you want to know where I found this info..

Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,596,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by douknownam View Post
I usually go with national... if you mix their contract id's with a good coupon, it can be just as cheap as a bid on priceline... This contract id: 5760339 usually gets a pretty good rate.. combine it with a coupon like this, ND3166ZDQ, and it could be a pretty decent rate. DM me if you want to know where I found this info..
Disney travel sites. It's a Carlson travel agent code and a $25 off weekly rental coupon.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Disney travel sites. It's a Carlson travel agent code and a $25 off weekly rental coupon.
Actually there is a huge reference list on one of the "deals" sites.. and you can just google the coupon info..

Old 12-02-2011, 07:15 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,100,818 times
I just rented a Corolla through Enterprise for about $17 a day for a few weeks. I used a corporate rate (it was not a rental for business though) and a AAA discount. The trick is to call around to different Enterprise offices...each one sets its own rates. The office at RDU wanted about $7 per day more than the office I went through in northern Durham. Many rental companies will match competitor rates, too.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,528,434 times
When we first moved to NC, we rented long-term from Budget and had no problems whatsoever. You may also want to call some local dealers to see if they offer a more affordable option (we did this while living in FL and it was extremely reasonable compared to the car rental agencies).

Speaking of rental cars, I'm curious what others do regarding the supplemental insurance offered -- which effectively doubles the rates.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM

756 posts, read 835,953 times
When I rented a car I didn't get the supplemental insurance as my insurance company said I was covered... The last time I rented one I was told okay, if you don't get it and have an accident, you have to give us a check on the spot for your deductible- in this case, $500. I didn't have an extra $500 laying around to hand over at the time so I got their insurance. (the rental was only a few days)

I found out later that if you do go for your own insurance, and you do get into an accident, you can get stuck for a lot of extra fees as well as the up front deductible...

So, for a long term rental I am not sure which is better LOL...

Old 12-02-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasplace View Post
When I rented a car I didn't get the supplemental insurance as my insurance company said I was covered... The last time I rented one I was told okay, if you don't get it and have an accident, you have to give us a check on the spot for your deductible- in this case, $500. I didn't have an extra $500 laying around to hand over at the time so I got their insurance. (the rental was only a few days)

I found out later that if you do go for your own insurance, and you do get into an accident, you can get stuck for a lot of extra fees as well as the up front deductible...

So, for a long term rental I am not sure which is better LOL...
A lot of the contract id's with National include full LDW.. those are the ones I go with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary