Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 PM

4 posts, read 76,662 times

Advertisements

I love to go around at Christmas to all the local retail stores that I shop at year round and get most of my gifts and support the local economy too! I know there must be more out there? Which ones am I missing out on? I'm thinking about ones where there are decent priced gift kind of things.
Here is a list of the ones I always try to visit:
Raleigh: NOFO, Zest, Accipter, nc museum of art store, Galatea
Durham: brightleaf square: Morgan Imports, parke and otis etc, 9th st: Zola, Cozy, ox and rabbit, etc
Carrboro: Carr mill shops, This and That, vespertine
Chapel hill: Ackland museum shop, Womancraft, southern season, Cameron's
Hillsborough: a few stores along main street in downtown

Anything in apex or wake forest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 08:52 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,125,902 times
Some more in Raleigh: Stitch, Dapple, Designbox, Escazu Chocolates (this place is AMAZING), Scentsuosity .

Old 12-03-2011, 10:17 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,736,735 times
Lots of indy bookstores: Books at Quail Ridge in Raleigh, The Regulator in Durham, and several used book stores where you can find secondhand great things.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,800,733 times
Lafayette Village in N. Raleigh has a lot of independent shops and restaurants.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:54 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,204,634 times
Good List!

Might want to add When Pigz Fly. It is way up there in North Raleigh North of I-540
When Pigz Fly Raleigh and Durham Local Artist and Artwork Sales Home (http://www.whenpigzflyshop.com/ - broken link)

Old 12-04-2011, 10:00 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,123,721 times
If you are up for a drive, go up to Creedmoor and go to Cedar Creek Gallery Cedar Creek Gallery | Exceptional American Craft

Also the Chatham County Studio Tour is great direct-from-artist buying: Welcome to the Chatham Artists Guild web site!
It's the first two weekends of December.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,290,905 times
I second the recommendation for Quail Ridge Books. I also like McIntyre's Books in Pittsboro.

If you're ever out in east Wake County, Sycamore Crossing is a gem of a gift shop. It shares space with Zebulon Drug. They also have a large selection of Christmas decorations; in fact, their entire second floor is devoted to Christmas.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,841,996 times
To add to J_Lurk's suggestion, we have artisans and unique shopping opportunities in Knightdale and Eastern Wake Co. There is Stained Glass Associates who not only do church windows, but historical renovation work and custom home windows in stained glass. They also produce Art pieces Stained Glass Associates, Inc there is also About Ann Akland Pottery and Gallery Store Anna has been a potter for a few years and does some humorous pieces as well as traditional pottery. And another studio Freechild Studio with some beautiful colorful pieces. They exhibit at Cedar Creek also.

And in Wendell, an old fashioned candy store just opened. Eastern Wake News | Candy store offers holiday favorites

Just past Zebulon is the town of Bailey with potter, Dan Finch's studio Dan Finch Pottery Open House

There is also Michael Blake's Garden and Gift Center in Knightdale, 7 mins from I-540 exit away from town towards Wendell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary