Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 05:29 AM

16 posts, read 61,581 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are currently house hunting and we finally found a home that we are ready to put a bid on. The home is located in the Moss Creek Subdivision in Wake Forest and is located in the development around 300 yards away from the Smith Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant located off of Ligon Mill Rd. We are concerned that there might be a bad smell that could come from the plant, especially in the summer but we can't know for sure without asking. We are going to ask some of the nearby neighbors close to the home to see what they say. I was seeing if anyone knows if the plant does emit any bad odor or if there are any problems with living 300 yards away from the plant. Also, does anyone know if they have any plans to expand the plant in the future? I have spent all night looking on the internet for any complaints of a bad smell or if they plan to expand and haven't found anything (I am guessing that is a good thing). There are lots of trees surrounding the plant, but I just want to make sure that they plan on keeping those trees intact also. Also right now the plant is still small and only treats about 1 million gallons a day. Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:45 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,210,852 times
I have friends that live in the nice neighborhood across ligon mill on the other side of Moss Creek, Um Carraige Run i think it's called and they have never complained. That is a beautiful area of the county kinda hilly and tucked away inbetween the business areas of 401 and U.S 1 I say go for it!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,812 times
Amber - we are looking in that area as well. Wondering if you put a bid on a home? There is a beautiful house for a great price on Moss Creek but I am hesitant about the plant being close. I have also heard mixed reviews about the schools. Just wondering what you thought so far. Thanks!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 PM

We actually ended up passing on the home in Moss Creek due to the potential health problems from the wastewater plant. Also, when we first looked at the home, we went on the weekend and things in the neighborhood were super quiet and no odor was detected. When we came back on a Monday to check out the home again, we walked to the end of the development (the cul de sac near the plant) and smelled a slight odor from the plant. This was also during the winter when the smell should be detected since there is no heat from the sun.

Also, there was tons of noise coming from the plant that sounded like constant banging and construction. There were also dump trucks that were constantly going up and down a road that went right behind the houses across the street. Way too much noise for my taste. Along with the potential health problems and the potential smell we definitely passed on the home.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 PM

I also forgot to mention that I heard that the plant is actually going to be expanding. I heard they bought all the land surrounding the plant and have plans to expand. Not good!

Old 10-05-2021, 09:59 AM

2 posts, read 946 times
Looking to relocate to Raleigh area. Found a home in Moss Creek that looks nice.
I see this thread, realize it is years old...
As the city has grown, are there any cons to this location regarding the water facility in 2021?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary