Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM

84 posts, read 147,922 times

Advertisements

Dr. Vijay Patel on Glenwood in Raleigh; he was the primary for me and my wife, and treated my father in law. He listens and takes lots of time to make sure you feel welcome and understood. He was born in India but sounds totally American. Him and his wife (who runs the office) are the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM

63 posts, read 137,110 times
Thumbs up Thanks for the reply

Thank you for the reply; but, today I met for the first time with Dr. Mitchell H. Block who is in practice with E. Brooks Wilkins, P.A. in Raleigh, conveniently located near REX. His office is at 3100 Duraleigh Road. Dr. Block is not affiliated with UNC, Duke U. or Wake Forest which is what I desired ... an opinion from a person who is truly his own man.

Dr. Block was highly recommended by someone (not viewing entire thread at this moment) before on this forum. Br. Block was exactly as described by the member who replied first to my inquiry. I am very happy to say that I feel very comfortable confiding in Dr. Block. He took the time to listen, review my history and list of medications which is quite extensive. Not only is he congenial, but also polite and he truly listened to all my concerns, answered all my questions and so forth. He is a few miles away; but, 'Ms Garmin' guided me to his office with no satellite interruptions; and, I was early enough to fill out all the necessary paperwork. I feel very much at ease in r. Block's presence and have a sense of satisfaction that sometimes can be hard to locate given today's environment in which many choose to practice far too defensively and just don't alow enough time for each of their patients. Fortunately, that is not the case with Dr. Block. Al I encountered at his office are very polite, couteous, professional and also credits to their jobs.

Despite the complexity of my case, which includes a forty year history of episodes of atrial fibrillation with subsequent electrical cardioversions under anesthesia, he easily comprehended all I needed to relate. I never felt rushed; and, to me Dr. Block is indeed a very pleasant and affable surprise.

I would like to personally thnak the person who recommended him.

BTW, I wish all may who read this a wonderful Holiday Season and a very Merry Christmas. Having move down from the frozen North Lakes Region of New Hampshire just before Halloween and just as the first snow of this season was starting to fly, I feel blessed, relieved if you will. Truth be told, I hear that it can indeed snow around these parts, and I would be very happy to see a small dusting around Christmas should the weather Gods so allow.

My wife, son and our son love it here in Raleigh. I know it will be hot and humid here in the Summer; but, it sure felt great today to be tooling around Raleigh with my car windows open on Dec. 14th! I didn't see the weather on the news; but, it felt close to 70 degrees to me on my scale, awesome for mid December. Just curious, will Santa be seen in shorts here this year?

So far, so good. We feel that we definitely chose the right state! I would also like to state that there is no doubt that the folks we have encountered so far are far more friendly and openly show courtesy and respect compared to the remote town in NH in which we didn't feel at ease or accepted. We struggled to make friends there are are so greatly relieved to bbe 'out of there.'

We definitely feel as though we fit right in here. I am a White American, originally from Boston who lived in Thailand for almost ten years where I met and married a wonderful, young lady who also dreamt of living in America with our son who was born in Bangkok with US citizenship granted as a birth right. My lovely wife is now less than a year away from the test she'll take to become an American citizen herself. The true spirit of America is most assuredly alive and well here in the Traid area of the great State of North Carolina.

The racial mix and wide ethnic diversity is a far better environment for our son who is in the third grade. At the school he formerly attended in Moultonborough, NH, when a single first grade African-American child entered the school, he was rejected outright by all. Sadly, the former town we resided in gave us at least the sense of being a remaining slice of White Supremacy, which I could not tolerate. We are vey happy that we moved here. We feel right at home.

BTW, 'yes,' there is some degree of traffic on Capitol Blvd, especially around rush hour, if there actually is a genuine one here. Now, if you want to see real traffic, you must visit Bangkok ... now that is real traffic! ... most intense I have ever encountered on this planet! Thailand is a wonderful country ... I miss the culture, the people, the tremendous (but very spicy food - outside Bangkok, but mostly the far less stressful Thai way of life.
We will return to visit our family back there. And thank the Good Lord for Skype and so on. We chat with our Thai family members over the net (sharing photos and video too) almost on a daily basis. God truly has Blessed America, down South here in particular !

Happy New Year to all!
Chok dee kup

Last edited by Organator; 12-14-2011 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 AM

26 posts, read 61,120 times
Thanks for the good review for Dr.Block as I am in the same situation myself (although I moved here 7 months ago) I have found excellent peds and surgeon(s) for my daughters but none for myself. I will be checking out his office. I am also from NH (or the frozen tundra ) I came from the Seacoast but have family in wolfeboro and moultonboro/center harbor. Nice to see some locals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary