Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,517 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are planning to buy a home in west cary and narrowed down to Bellemont in cary park and Evan farms. We really like a floor plan at Bellemont vs Evan farms on the Green level to Durham rd. Even with tons of upgrades from the builder, the per/St foot price at Bellemont is a lot less then Evan farms.

The only thing concerning us is 540. It is passing from west of the subdivision and since the highway is not yet open, we don't know how noisy it would be and how much it will effect the valuation of the property.

Experiences of people who live in communities close to 540 or you had bought and sold homes in communities near major hyghways would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SRK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 01:58 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times
I suspect the traffic noise in Bellemont will be very high (especially the homes closest to 540). Not sure what the possibility of sound barriers is. Are the two neighborhoods comparable - Bellemont homes just look bigger to me than the Evans farms (maybe because I am looking at them from further away). Have you thought of buying a short sale/foreclosure in Cameron Pond?

Old 05-23-2011, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,517 times
Thanks for your reply. The house we are considering is not towards 540 and there would be one urban lane between the home we are considering and 540. We really liked the floor plan but just scared after reading the impact on property values in Cameron Pond.

The houses in Bellemont are much bigger then Evan farms. The price difference is about 25 less per sqr/ft then Evan farms. But we were wondering if that discount is appropriate considering the impact of noise from 540.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 AM

57 posts, read 108,558 times
srk, where did you end up settling? Bellemont or Evan Farms. I know the 540 is supposed to open today, so keep me posted on the noise if Bellemont is where you decided.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:35 AM

379 posts, read 959,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2CARY View Post
srk, where did you end up settling? Bellemont or Evan Farms. I know the 540 is supposed to open today, so keep me posted on the noise if Bellemont is where you decided.
NC540 (the toll road) is NOT opening today, NOLA2CARY.........whats opening today is The Triangle Expressway 147; It will run from Interstate 40 and the Durham Freeway south to Highway 540 between Highways 54 and 55.

Phase two (this is NC540) of the project will run from Highway 55 all the way to U.S. 64. It will open in August. At that point, the toll will extend from Highway 54 all the way to Apex.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:21 AM

57 posts, read 108,558 times
Thanks Carmela. On one of our house hunting trips, I believe I was informed that it was opening today. Of course, being new to the area, I could have mistaken the roads and incorrectly believed it was 540.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary