Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 03:04 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times

Advertisements

Where's the Raleigh area driving thread? This could be posted anywhere but it happened in Raleigh. I was on Spring Forest waiting to turn left into the shopping center with Rite Aid and Starbucks with blinker on. Before I can turn I see a Mini driver turning left one or two spots behind me, not wanting to wait. I was heading to Starbucks and he was too. I was too upset to say anything. I was worried he would knock my coffee out of my hand and start a fist fight, LOL. I really wish I had said something!

Old 10-11-2013, 03:39 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
You know what they say about karma. He'll probably get t-boned some day.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:49 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
You know what they say about karma. He'll probably get t-boned some day.
Yes, and that will be fun in a Mini.

Of course he can see better than you, from 2 car lengths back in a low profile car.

You could've waited till he had his much needed caffeine to say something!

Old 10-11-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

Of course he can see better than you, from 2 car lengths back in a low profile car.

He was drinking herbal tea, a pretty good sign that I could have wrestled him to the ground and made him apologize. We all know about those herbal tea drinkers.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:29 PM

292 posts, read 507,478 times
Hard to say, I've been behind a few people that were being WAY too careful to turn because they were too busy juggling their coffee and were afraid to spill it. Were you yielding and waiting for a ridiculously wide opening of cars on a green light when others would have turned? Sometimes granny drivers are just as frustrating as aggressively careless ones. If not, maybe he's just a nut and he'll end up crunched in his Mini. I probably would have followed him and said something, he doesn't want to fist fight me.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
How could he have jumped your spot if you started your turn when there was an opening? Sounds to me like you hesitated and he grew impatient.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:44 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
I don't care how long the person in front of me (or two cars in front of me) is waiting for an opening unless the lead car is broken down it's completely rude not to mention unsafe to pull out like that. What if the lead car or the second car started to turn at the same time?! I wouldn't have said anything at Starbucks though, but I'm non-confrontational that way.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM

292 posts, read 507,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I don't care how long the person in front of me (or two cars in front of me) is waiting for an opening unless the lead car is broken down it's completely rude not to mention unsafe to pull out like that. What if the lead car or the second car started to turn at the same time?! I wouldn't have said anything at Starbucks though, but I'm non-confrontational that way.
If the lead car started to turn at the same time, it is an indication that they had plenty of opening to turn and just weren't paying enough attention in the first place. Judgment for the car behind.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

A MINI is as safe or safer than 95% of cars on the road. In a side impact the size of the car matters less. With side head curtain and torso seat mounted airbags you're as protected as you can be in that situation.

Not side impact but I can tell you which of these cars I'd rather be in a frontal collision in. (Hint: it's the one I could walk away from without life threatening injuries and broken legs )

Old 10-11-2013, 05:49 PM

I wasn't turning when the guy behind me decided to turn. He jumped the line. I'd rather be in the Mercedes than anything else in an accident. I know from experience. I drive my car like a sports car but I'm not causing an accident because a jerk behind me is impatient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary