Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:58 AM

393 posts, read 652,373 times

Advertisements

National Pawn typically pays 70% of the current spot price of gold. If one is going to go the Pawn Store route I would suggest Knightdale Pawn. They pay more than National Pawn and they don't even ask you if you have gotten a price yet? That's a nice trick most pawn companies use to set their initial quote to someone.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:52 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliehubbard View Post
I Had a good experience selling gold at Raleigh Fine Jewelry Gold and Coin on Little Brier Creek Pkwy, just off the corner of Glenwood and Brier Creek Parkway.
I agree with this recommendation. Been to Raleigh Fine Jewelry Gold & Coin three times, and was very satisfied each time.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:17 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I sold some broken chains, etc. to CMI. They offered a cash price and a credit price. I took the credit price since I was buying a necklace!

Bailey's will pay a fair amount, according to a couple of other agents at my office.

Vicki

Old 11-17-2013, 04:27 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,914,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I agree with this recommendation. Been to Raleigh Fine Jewelry Gold & Coin three times, and was very satisfied each time.
I can't agree with the recommendations for the place in Brier Creek. I took some silver rounds there a couple of years to get a quote. I don't remember the exact percentages, but I was offered something on the order of 80-85% of spot for the items. APMEX -- a MAJOR national dealer with outstanding customer service -- ended up paying me closer to 95% of value for the products. When I told this to the Brier Creek guy, he tried to spin the Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt about mailing away precious metals to somewhere.

Well, suffice it to say I would gladly go to the trouble of learning how to use Registered Mail and all that brown paper tape to cover every seam than I would deal with him again.

Note that APMEX is really only an option if you are selling rounds, bullion, junk silver (a la old dimes, quarters and others with real percentage metal content), etc. If your volume is small and you are looking to sell things like jewelry or other items, I highly recommend Gold Assay in Durham and Carrboro. Have done business with them before and would do business again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary