Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 09:36 AM

150 posts, read 289,279 times

Advertisements

My Mom worked as the church secy and was very active in her local Lutheran church in NY for 40+ years. She is getting older (late 70's) and has some mobility problems now (walker) but still drives (although we really don't like her to go too far or drive after dark, she tends to ignore us) and is 100% intact mentally. My husband and I work all day so she is home alone.
We are all moving to the Raleigh area in a few weeks and I really want to be sure she is active and develops a social life so she stays sharp, happy and healthy.
We will be living in the area of ten/ten rd and Benson Rd. It seems so remote I really worry about her.
She is open to all denominations and just wants to feel comfortable and involved.
I want to find any and ALL senior options in the area... I thank you all in advance. She is an amazing person and she has been so agreeable to all OUR plans, U want to be sure she'll be happy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,293 times
hey, welcome to the area!

my grandmother is in a very similar situation. she has limited mobility, but is 100% mentally on most days. I live in Cary, as does she, so I'm not sure how far this is from where you will be living. my guess would be 20 minutes. anyways, my suggestion would be christ the king lutheran church. my grandmother is an active member there, and is involved 3-4 days a week. they have a very good support/friendship network. while this location is in Cary, there might be branches in Raleigh if the drive is too much. Hope you enjoy the move!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:55 PM

150 posts, read 289,279 times
I will be working in Cary and the drive is pretty good. Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:01 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
I know Christ The King Lutheran Church in Cary has a pretty active social scene for all age groups. I am personally not a member but know many people who are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary