Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 02:33 PM

109 posts, read 105,693 times

Advertisements

We are in the market for a 70 inch television. It must be 240hz or higher. In looking around the Sharp Aquos looks like it has a great picture. With all the sales happening at this time of year, can anyone here recommend the best local place to buy a 70 inch television? We went in HH Gregg and were immediately tackled by FIVE salespeople. I had to scream at them to get away from us.

Before people start saying buy it online, we have no interest in doing that on something this large. We specifically want a brick and mortar store.

STOP. We want a brick and mortar store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 02:36 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
You should buy it online.

The Magnolia showplaces at the larger Best Buy stores (e.g., Southpoint) are nice - I've stopped in to play with their toys many times and they've always been very friendly and accommodating.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:43 PM

240 posts, read 627,802 times
Best deal on that size will probably be at BJs or Costco.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:54 PM

We are leaning toward a Sharp LC-70LE734U, but are still open to other options. The Sharp LC-70LE734U just stands out so much with the brightness and colors compared to the others.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:00 PM

821 posts, read 1,462,742 times
Just wanted to say I agree 110% on HH Gregg - miserable experience, and I found that the salespeople weren't terribly knowledgeable. Just my opinion

I usually go to Best Buy, just because I've had positive experiences (for the most part). I'm sure there are some great local shops around, but with the economy the way it is, I feel more comfortable going to a larger chain, in the event something does happen after the sale...higher confidence level they'll still be here to help. Not that Best Buy is immune these days, and probably a horrible attitude to have for 'shop local', but it's a lot of money to spend and then potentially not have support. Good luck!!

Old 12-16-2011, 04:53 PM

188 posts, read 748,471 times
Not sure why the preference for brick and mortar if you don't like the sales people. Best Buy will have the best price and selection.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcp View Post
Not sure why the preference for brick and mortar if you don't like the sales people. Best Buy will have the best price and selection.
I don't want to have something like this shipped to our house and I want an easy return if something is wrong with it. I don't want to deal with the online thing with this purchase.

I stopped at Best Buy and they only have the 120Hz in the Sharp. We don't want that one. It has to be 240Hz or higher.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:30 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
Just wanted to say I agree 110% on HH Gregg - miserable experience, and I found that the salespeople weren't terribly knowledgeable.
Exact opposite for me. I absolutely LOVE HH Gregg due to the fact I can easily talk them down on the price. I don't care about the salesperson's knowledge since I have already done my research and know what I want to buy. Great bargains can be had at HH Gregg as long as you're not scared to "wheel and deal".

If you're looking at a LCD I recommend purchasing the cheapest you can find and not even look at the name. Out of all the name brands on the market there is only a 3% failure rate and if I remember correctly there are only 3 manufacturers of all the names.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Exact opposite for me. I absolutely LOVE HH Gregg due to the fact I can easily talk them down on the price. I don't care about the salesperson's knowledge since I have already done my research and know what I want to buy. Great bargains can be had at HH Gregg as long as you're not scared to "wheel and deal".
That's good to know. They have the exact one I want. I found an offer online for $500 less than HH, with free 14 day shipping. Do you think I can talk down the price close to that at the HH Gregg in Cary?

Old 12-16-2011, 05:41 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
^I buy my stuff from the HH Gregg on Capital. I would say $500 off is doable if the set costs $3-4K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary