Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:56 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,916,663 times

Advertisements

A) What is the best route to get there from Clayton?
B) Looking to move to HSP...is that going to be a terrible commute? and if so where is a good place to look to get 2500+ sq ft, granite and hardwoods down in new construction for under 250k?

Starting a new job soon and just wanted to get this info before everything goes down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 05:28 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,970,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
A) What is the best route to get there from Clayton?
B) Looking to move to HSP...is that going to be a terrible commute? and if so where is a good place to look to get 2500+ sq ft, granite and hardwoods down in new construction for under 250k?

Starting a new job soon and just wanted to get this info before everything goes down.

I think I'm probably the best person to answer this for you.
I live in Clayton off of Hwy 70 near Burger King (Cobblestone to be exact!). I work in Durham at the corner of hwy 55 & 54 which is about 2 minutes from Median Parkway (our office was located at Meridian, but we moved here).
Just take Hwy 70 west to I-40 East and take exit 278 (55/54 Apex). Take a left onto hwy 55 and then a left into Meridian Parkway.

The commute really is not that bad, you do get used to it.

I was working an 8-5 schedule so I would leave my house at 7 am, drop the kid off near Guy road and would be at work at exactly 8. Driving time is about 45 minutes to an hour. It would take me about the same amount of time getting home too.

Now, I work from 7-4.
I leave my house at about 6:30 and can get here at exactly 7. I leave at 4 and would get home at 4:30.

There is traffic conjestion around the Cary exits, once you get through that, its not that bad. You can also take the beltline in off of I-40 East to I-540 and take the 55 exit from there. I used to take I-540 and cut through the airport, get back onto I-40 east and come into work that way.

Its really not that bad. If there is an accident on 40 with onlooker delays, leave work a bit earlier. Those people are the reasons why RTP comes to work late!!!

Hope this helps!
Heather

PS- New construction in Clayton? OH, have your pick!!!
So many to choose from! Hit up the boards and do a search for "Clayton". We have alot to offer!

Old 08-30-2007, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
I think I'm probably the best person to answer this for you.
I live in Clayton off of Hwy 70 near Burger King (Cobblestone to be exact!). I work in Durham at the corner of hwy 55 & 54 which is about 2 minutes from Median Parkway (our office was located at Meridian, but we moved here).
Just take Hwy 70 west to I-40 East and take exit 278 (55/54 Apex). Take a left onto hwy 55 and then a left into Meridian Parkway.

The commute really is not that bad, you do get used to it.

I was working an 8-5 schedule so I would leave my house at 7 am, drop the kid off near Guy road and would be at work at exactly 8. Driving time is about 45 minutes to an hour. It would take me about the same amount of time getting home too.

Now, I work from 7-4.
I leave my house at about 6:30 and can get here at exactly 7. I leave at 4 and would get home at 4:30.

There is traffic conjestion around the Cary exits, once you get through that, its not that bad. You can also take the beltline in off of I-40 East to I-540 and take the 55 exit from there. I used to take I-540 and cut through the airport, get back onto I-40 east and come into work that way.

Its really not that bad. If there is an accident on 40 with onlooker delays, leave work a bit earlier. Those people are the reasons why RTP comes to work late!!!

Hope this helps!
Heather

PS- New construction in Clayton? OH, have your pick!!!
So many to choose from! Hit up the boards and do a search for "Clayton". We have alot to offer!
Thank you very much. This confirms what I thought the commute would be. As far as moving we are already at the closest point in Claytn you can really be to 70/40 so we are actually looking at moving to eiter HSP, FV, Apex, South or East Durham so right now we are looking to tranfer to the Westside of the beltline. My wife has a nice commute so moving to that side would more than cut it in half. Thanks again!!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:27 AM

4,000 posts, read 10,812,984 times
Holly Glen neighborhood in HSP fits your house parameters. You can leave the neighborhood and travel to 751 all the way to 40 without hitting much traffic at all even during peak rush hour. You take the fayetteville rd turn off 751 and that drops you one exit above 55/54 on 40. That drive is about 35minutes.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Holly Glen neighborhood in HSP fits your house parameters. You can leave the neighborhood and travel to 751 all the way to 40 without hitting much traffic at all even during peak rush hour. You take the fayetteville rd turn off 751 and that drops you one exit above 55/54 on 40. That drive is about 35minutes.
We have looked into Holly Glen.....where is 751?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 AM

Oh, at the entrance into Meridian parkway, there is a really good little restaurant called "Dolce".
Highly recommended!

Old 09-05-2007, 12:58 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,931,044 times
It is time for me to make a true confession. Tluv00 as he is known to you is called son by me. I am familiar with most of you who have responded to his questions. I want to thank you. I have found this forum and the people who post here regulary to be very helpful to both of us. We will be relocating soon to join him and understanding of Raleigh is so much better because of you good people. I also have with great pride watched him interact and answer questions for others. I have had to scold him once or twice.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
It is time for me to make a true confession. Tluv00 as he is known to you is called son by me. I am familiar with most of you who have responded to his questions. I want to thank you. I have found this forum and the people who post here regulary to be very helpful to both of us. We will be relocating soon to join him and understanding of Raleigh is so much better because of you good people. I also have with great pride watched him interact and answer questions for others. I have had to scold him once or twice.

Aw! What a nice post!
Glad to help! If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot them over!

Old 09-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Oh, at the entrance into Meridian parkway, there is a really good little restaurant called "Dolce".
Highly recommended!

I started my new job last Friday and have been to "Doce" twice....very good food and right by my office (I walk there).

Old 09-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Way to go......now our cover is blown....next thing I know you are going to post pics of me in high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary