Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:13 PM

57 posts, read 108,592 times

Advertisements

Well, my move will be a week from today and I sold both of our vehicles here in New Orleans, as I plan to purchase a new vehicle when I relocate.

Please provide any thoughts, opinions, or experiences you have with local GMC dealers. I've narrowed my selection down to the YUKON.

I can't say I'm sold on the Denali, as the appearance doesn't really appeal to me as much as the sticker price suggests it should. If you've done the comparisons, let me know what helped make your decision to go Denali or not.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:37 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
You planning to haul some heavy loads around here?

I know this is a mecca for affordable living, but it's VERY spread out... you're gonna spend a fortune on gas. :d

I dunno which GMC dealer is best. We take our Volt to Hendrick Chevy over in Cary, but I think they pretty much suck.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:06 AM

286 posts, read 653,135 times
Heavy loads or not, some people prefer to drive something that size. I have a Tahoe and love it.

I'm not from Raleigh but I have had some experience with Thompson Buick/GMC on Old Wake Forest road. All of those experiences have been good. My only experience with Hendrick was horrible.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:52 AM

5,884 posts, read 6,950,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
We take our Volt to Hendrick Chevy over in Cary, but I think they pretty much suck.
Slightly OT, but I got an e-mail yesterday from P-E offering a free charging station. Here is a PR from their web page from a couple months back. I don't know if they are expanding the program. I do not have an EV, so I am not sure why I got the e-mail.

https://www.progress-energy.com/comp...ate=09-12-2011

Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Slightly OT, but I got an e-mail yesterday from P-E offering a free charging station. Here is a PR from their web page from a couple months back. I don't know if they are expanding the program. I do not have an EV, so I am not sure why I got the e-mail.

https://www.progress-energy.com/comp...ate=09-12-2011
Oh! Interesting!

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Heavy loads or not, some people prefer to drive something that size. I have a Tahoe and love it.

I'm not from Raleigh but I have had some experience with Thompson Buick/GMC on Old Wake Forest road. All of those experiences have been good. My only experience with Hendrick was horrible.
Just don't moan about the price of gas.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,301 times
Hendrick Chevy/GMC in Durham. Deal with Matt Ball ... He is very good. If you want his cell number shoot me a DM. Or just call up to the dealership.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,110 times
Here's my experience when I ordered my truck back in late '06. There were certain requirements I wanted on my truck and I knew no one would have a truck they way I wanted it equipped. I went to every GMC dealership within a 25 mile radius. Out of all the dealerships only 2 would order a truck for me. One of those was Hendrick. Every dealership except 2 told me I needed to choose from their lot since ordering vehicles was a thing of the past. I was also told by most of the dealerships that the options I wanted really weren't that important. So much for caring about the customer. I went with Hendrick because they were the most willing to order a truck and gave me the best price. I speak highly of Hendrick GMC in Cary when asked where I purchased my truck.

Oh, and by the way, get the Denali. They are freakin' hot.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:07 PM

57 posts, read 108,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Just don't moan about the price of gas.
I have been driving a Nissan Titan since 2004 and even traded it in for a newer Titan at the height of the gas prices. Average mpg was 13 (mix of hwy and city).

As for the Denali being 'hot', for some reason I am not that wowed by them.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2CARY View Post
I have been driving a Nissan Titan since 2004 and even traded it in for a newer Titan at the height of the gas prices. Average mpg was 13 (mix of hwy and city).

As for the Denali being 'hot', for some reason I am not that wowed by them.
Well, like I said? Just don't moan about the price of gas.

Serious aside? I'm not all excited about another person relocating here who plans to utterly disregard the air quality, but I ain't hating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary