Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:52 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,613,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
I'd like to have a healthy, funky place with vegetarian/vegan options in the North-North Raleigh/Wake Forest area.
Seconded (or is it thirded?)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 09:56 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,149,804 times
I think the breakfast options here are much greater than what they used to be. I remember eons ago when the only places for cheap breakfast were places like Big Ed's, Finch's, or the usual chains. These days there's that new place next to the Trader Joe's on Kildaire that does bacon and eggs, Cary Cafe, Elmo's, Flying Biscuit, Pam's Farm House, State Farmer's Market Restaurant, etc.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:58 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,141,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Seconded (or is it thirded?)!
In the meantime, you'll have to head into town and go to a Raleigh institution: The Irregardless.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:19 AM

28 posts, read 43,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
In the meantime, you'll have to head into town and go to a Raleigh institution: The Irregardless.
yes Irregardless was great when I went!

Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 AM

430 posts, read 626,137 times
I'd like to see an Original Pancake House. I think the closest one is in Charlotte.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:03 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,446,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post

And the Remedy Diner and Cafe Harmony.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 AM

109 posts, read 105,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I'm surprised so many people are looking for more chains.
You shouldn't be surprised. There are many great chains. A lot of them are more regional chains and those are the ones people miss when they move away from their home. Ever wonder why some of the chains get more volume than most of the indy places? People like them.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,271,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFL View Post
You shouldn't be surprised. There are many great chains. A lot of them are more regional chains and those are the ones people miss when they move away from their home. Ever wonder why some of the chains get more volume than most of the indy places? People like them.
I agree that some chains are very good. I am a fan of some. Just surprised so many are in favor of more chains since this area is already saturated with so many. I'm not totally against chains as they are owned / operated by people that live in the community just like other businesses. Just not interested in living in a town that looks like every other town in the USA when it comes to dining options.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:19 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
The new deli, Weinberg's, serves breakfast, although I haven't been. Love those chocolate egg creams and their corned beef on rye.

I'd love for Crabtree to have a Nathan's Hot Dogs!

Vicki

Old 12-30-2011, 02:27 PM

109 posts, read 105,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I agree that some chains are very good. I am a fan of some. Just surprised so many are in favor of more chains since this area is already saturated with so many. I'm not totally against chains as they are owned / operated by people that live in the community just like other businesses. Just not interested in living in a town that looks like every other town in the USA when it comes to dining options.
I hear you. I could do without the likes of Applebee's at every turn. A nice combo of indy places and chains like Bonefish Grill work for me. I'd like to see some good regional chains come in from places like WA, TX, CA and NY. Something that speaks to the area they started in and would bring that aspect to the Triangle for us to enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary