Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 AM

7 posts, read 47,110 times

Advertisements

As my fiance and I do not have the extra time to plan and money to spend on a "traditional" wedding, we decided to elope instead. Regardless of this decision, we would still like to involve our immediate family: parents, sisters and brothers. After searching online, I found some nice options for bed-and-breakfast inns that offer a weekend elopement package that accommodates a few guests. However, I am not able to find anything like that in the triangle area. Does anyone know of a local venue were we can celebrate a causal wedding/elopement with our families at a reasonable price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
You might call Magnolia Animal Hospital at 919-873-9190. Our vet, Dr. Jon's wife Nikki, recently opened a B&B in Raleigh and I hear it's great. Don't know the name but the staff at Dr. Jon's would have that info.

Don't know if they do affairs, but they're really great people.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 AM

Thank you Saturnfan, I will do just that!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:35 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Hope they can help.

We eloped to Vegas in '70 and are still married.

Best wishes for a wonderful marriage.

P.S. If you live in Raleigh and need a vet, see Dr. Jon. He and Nikki have 11 cars & a dog so are real pet lovers.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 AM

560 posts, read 2,849,541 times
What about having it at Falls Lake or someplace like that, more of an outdoors event, the leaves will be changing and falling soon and the weather will become milder. Just an idea Good luck and congratulations!!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 AM

jkmeca11,

I think that is a great idea. I just would not even know where to start as far as arranging everything. I thought about hiring a wedding planner, but then I saw our budget go through the roof!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,908 times
We had our wedding at The Inn At Celebrity Dairy. @The Inn at Celebrity Dairy - (919) 742-5176 -Chatham County, North Carolina . They are very nice people and I'm sure if they are booked they could refer you to other local B&Bs. There are several in the same area of Chatham County.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 AM

823 posts, read 3,923,062 times
In college at NCSU, my friend and her beau eloped to South Carolina. I think the towns on the border specialize in it.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:14 AM

311 posts, read 887,919 times
Check out the Fearrington House County Inn in Pittsboro:

Fearrington Inn | North Carolina Bed and Breakfast | Chapel Hill Restaurants

Old 08-31-2007, 11:16 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,772,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice_61 View Post
In college at NCSU, my friend and her beau eloped to South Carolina. I think the towns on the border specialize in it.
We originally had a slightly larger wedding planned (or at least planning was underway) in Raleigh, but I ended up taking a job that kept me in San Jose for a few months. We still wanted to get married close enough to NC so that family could make it.

We planned a wedding over the Internet in Charleston, SC in maybe 30 minutes. Maybe 15 people or so. We rented the gazebo at White Point Garden on the Battery, stayed at a B&B right there next to the park, took a carriage ride to the restaurant (82 Queen) where we had a private room. It worked out great. The only slight hitch was that you have I think a 24 hour waiting period for you marriage license. We drove to Dillon, SC early Thursday morning, then back to Raleigh. Stopped again in Dillon Friday afternoon on our way to Charleston. Dillon is probably the border town mentioned above.

Wife's sister did something similar, but around here. She rented a gazebo at Duke Gardens and a private room at one of the Durham restaurants (Parizade).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary