Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:27 PM

33 posts, read 47,711 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about Wake Forest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2006, 07:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
I'm tellin ya, startpackin...we have discussed Wake Forest and Rolesville in the past couple of days. Look back. Should tell you everything you'd like to know! If not...ask...what do you wanna know? Vicki

Old 09-12-2006, 09:16 AM

40 posts, read 137,253 times
Startpackinn-

I sent a response to your first posting. If you want to check it out, but what questions do you have? I just bought a house there in Richland Hills.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity11 View Post
Startpackinn-

I sent a response to your first posting. If you want to check it out, but what questions do you have? I just bought a house there in Richland Hills.
Do you have school age children? If so how are the schools? I did the greatschools.net thing. So now I just want to know some personal opinions now.
I also didn't know that Rolesville was part of or near Wake Forest. I am coming down soon but I will not be there long enough to visit the schools.
Thanks

Old 09-12-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Too Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I'm tellin ya, startpackin...we have discussed Wake Forest and Rolesville in the past couple of days. Look back. Should tell you everything you'd like to know! If not...ask...what do you wanna know? Vicki
Vicki R, your response was great on my first post, but it was the only one there I just wanted some more opinions. It seems that all of the posts I write get so little response and some get 8 million replies LOL

Old 09-12-2006, 12:06 PM

well startpackin...mine is just one meager opinion so I can understand you want more!

Wake Forest schools are in the same school district as Raleigh, Cary, etc. Its all Wake County public school system, so you may want to check out that website, as well.

I am a Realtor so the information I have access to may be more than you do. So, based on that...I think it would be helpful if you ask your Realtor your questions and then ask the forum so you can make sure you have a variety of opinions.

Thanks! Vicki

Old 09-12-2006, 12:24 PM

463 posts, read 1,651,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startpackinn View Post
Vicki R, your response was great on my first post, but it was the only one there I just wanted some more opinions. It seems that all of the posts I write get so little response and some get 8 million replies LOL
That may be because the same questions are asked over and over again, sometimes within only a couple of days of each other. Not directed at you, just making an observation. No one is being paid to answer questions here If people who have questions use the forum search tool in the upper right, or even follow the threads, they'll see that there's rarely a question that hasn't already been asked.

Literally, people could spend about 10 hours a day on the forum answering questions ( in which case we'd all lose our *real* jobs) and yet a day or two later someone will ask the same question that there was a recent thread about.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 09-12-2006 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
That may be because the same questions are asked over and over again, sometimes within only a couple of days of each other. Not directed at you, just making an observation. No one is being paid to answer questions here If people who have questions use the forum search tool in the upper right, or even follow the threads, they'll see that there's rarely a question that hasn't already been asked.

Literally, people could spend about 10 hours a day on the forum answering questions ( in which case we'd all lose our *real* jobs) and yet a day or two later someone will ask the same question that there was a recent thread about.

Regards,

Cassie
Bad mood??? Bad day???

Old 09-13-2006, 12:47 PM

70 posts, read 258,457 times
On the actual topic, we are living in East Raleigh and buying on the LITERAL edge of Wake Forest. In fact, my friend's children who officially live in Wake Forest go to the elementary school .3 miles from our new house, where our son will go.

She is very active in the PTA at Harris Creek Elem, brand new school that opened this fall.

The biggest difference between Wake Forest and Rolesville is going to come into play based on where you and other family members will be working. If you need highway access, you want to stay closer to the edge of Raleigh/Wake Forest versus Wake Forest/Rolesville. The commute to the highway on Capital Blvd (US 1) or US 401 (both single to double lane roads) has gotten pretty bad, and this coming from a native NJ girl and someone who lived in CA for 3 years (now THAT was PARKING LOT conditions).

The schools are all pretty good, there is a HUGE push towards controlling the number of students in each class. BUT BE AWARE most schools are heading towards year-round calendars because of the increase of students moving to/being born in the area. So, if you do not want to take the chance of year-round school, you may need to look into private schools or how to apply for magnet schools. Again, that could greatly affect where you want to live based on driving around, access, etc. If you haven't already, go to www.wcpss.net, the Wake County Public School System website. There is a lot on info on there about schools and rules and schedules, etc etc etc.

Side note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Bad mood??? Bad day???
Just the truth. But it happens on ALL forums, no matter what state, city, or topic. But that's why few people respond at all, whether to point out "use the search feature" or to actually answer the question.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:54 PM

My point is this...the question has been asked and it has been answered quite a few times. Now, someone new comes on to the forum and asks the same question again. As my mom used to say...if you don't have something nice to say...say nothing. Those of us that simply don't mind answering again, will. Those of you that get annoyed simply because the new person doesn't know...just don't answer.

Can't we all just get along without making someone else feel like dirt?

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary